Chapter 6: Just a little boy?

It's been about a week of avoiding the twins. You knew deep down they'd never have any interest in you but you also didn't think they'd play with your feelings.

So for now you've been helping your aunts out at their bakery.

"Here's your change sir, have a great day!" You said to a customer, handing him his left over coins and blueberry muffin.

Just then, the door bell ringed again, indicating  that another person has entered the bakery.

You looked up but you didn't see anyone so you shrugged and went back to wiping off the counter.

"Um excuse me," a small voice squeaked from seemingly in front of you.

You looked up but no one was there. You leaned over the counter and were met face to face with a short blonde headed boy holding a pink bunny stuffy.

"Me and Ouso-Cham here would like to order three slices of strawberry cake!" The boy chirped.

"Sure, will that be for here or to go?" You asked.

"Here," the boy responded.

"Alrighty here you go and here's your change," you passed him his order and coins.

You were about to turn around to continue wiping the counters before you felt a tug on your outfit.

"Excuse me miss/mr/person, I don't like eating alone..." the boy looked up at you.

"Well, where are your parents?" You leaned over.

"Not here," he pouted.

You sighed. You supposed you could take a small break to sit with this lonely kid.

"Yeah okay where do you want to sit?" You gave in.

The small boy dragged you to a booth and sat you down with surprising strength for a kid before sliding into the booth opposite of you.

"Hi, I'm Honey!" He introduced himself.

"I'm y/n," you smiled back.

"I know," he responded and stared at you.

You looked at him with confusion etched upon your face.

"I'm not a kid, I'm in grade 11," he continued with a smile.

"Oh..." you replied.

"It's alright! Me and Ouso-chan forgive you!" He reassured you.

"I came here today for two reasons y/n. Number one: cake.
Number two: to talk to you," the boy spoke through a mouth stuffed with cake.

"Me? Why?" You asked.

"I'm also in the host club! Hikaru and Karou are my friends. When the heard I was coming here today they asked me to talk to you," he answered.

You stayed silent. Waiting for him to say more.

"The first thing you should probably know is that the host club isn't just to flirt with girls, it's to make them happy! Sometimes that means flirting, other times it doesn't," he explained.

"For example, I don't flirt with girls! I just be adorable self and it makes them happy!" He continues.

"Well what do Hikaru and Karou do?" You asked.

"Well they sort of show off their flirting skills by flirting with each other," Honey responded.

You tried to hold it in. You tried really hard but you just couldn't.

"HAHAHAH! I'm so sorry but- HAHAHAH!" You doubled over in laughter.

Those twins bicker all the time and their act is to flirt with each other?! You found this so hilarious.

"The second thing I should say is that they didn't mean to make you feel like they were playing with you," Honey continued after you were done laughing.

"They really do like hanging out with you y/n," he added on.

"How do I know that?" You asked, still suspicious.

"Go outside and maybe you'll give them another chance,". Honey suggests before shoving another slice of cake in his mouth.

"Go outside?" You wondered as you began to walk out of the bakery.

You stepped out the doors and found that dress you had borrowed the first day you met. It had a note tied to it.

The note read: Dear y/n, we're sincerely sorry for how we made you feel. We'll make it up to you tonight if you meet us at the park at midnight. You have to return the dress anyways.

"Those damn twins,"