Chapter 7

Hangar, Freedom HQ, New Mobotropolis

Team Sonic, Amy, the original Freedom Fighters, and Sir Charles all stood in the dark, only for Rotor to flip a switch.

The overhead lights brought into view a sight that took everybody besides Rotor and Tails by surprise.

Standing in front of the group was a large jetliner that was primarily white with red gold and black accents. It had a wingspan of 7 meters, 12.3 meters in length, and had a height of 4.9 meters.

Many of the people present voiced expressions of wonder and amazement. But none more so than Sonic himself.

Sonic whistled, crossing his arms. "Not bad guys! This plane's out of this world!"

Rotor and Tails smiled at each other as they presented their work.

"It's not just a mere plane, Sonic." Rotor winked. "While this was originally Tails' project, I got involved earlier in the week. We brought the Tornado 2 back into HQ and with our combined resources, we gave it a major overhaul. We're talking dual engines for continual energy accommodation, a hidden afterburner feature, and other neat functions."

Tails said, "I don't exactly have an official name for this jet plane, but I refer to it as Tornado Model-X."

The other Freedom Fighters made their way to the vehicle, marveling at its design from a closer perspective.

"I am at a lost for words..." A mesmerized Antione said.

"Wayul, slap mah head an call may silly! You boys whipped up sumpn crazy cool!" Bunnie cheered, observing the look of Model-X.

Amy and Sally also compliment Tails and Rotor for their work, with Sonic ruffling his hair and fist-bumping Rotor's left fist.

Sir Charles looked up, examining the vehicle.

"Extraordinary... Of all my years of inventory, I've never seen such tenacity and skillful craftsmanship in a short time." The older hedgehog stated.

Knuckles, staring directly at the jet plane, then at the others recognized something

"The plane seems good and all, but can this thing fly handle all of us going in it?" Knuckles questioned, getting everyone's attention.

Tails and Rotor stared at Knuckles, with Rotor stating, "Well... That is a good question. And while you and Sonic have other means to occupy the jet, we could only install three extra seats outside of the pilot's seat."

"And given how the Hyper Tornado needs maintenance, I can't have Rotor pilot alongside the Tornado Model-X." Tails concluded.

"So, that would mean that a few of us would have to stay behind," Sally concluded.

The Freedom Fighters looked amongst each other trying to see who would be left behind the mission.

"Well, I'd have to be the one to pilot Model-X after all. So, that's a given." Tails stated.

The others nodded in agreement.

"I'm going." Knuckles declared, leaving No room for debate. "I need to find the Master Emerald shards myself, but I'm more prone to finding things more effectively with better transportation...and with a group."

"That's reasonable enough." Said Tails, who nodded as he turned to his best friend. "And I already know your answer."

Sonic gave Tails and the others a thumbs up and a knowing smirk, saying, "You know me, I can't stay sittin' down for too long! I'm ready to get in on some action!"