Chapter 13

Lycaeon, Unified Wolf Pack Nation, Lobonia

Outside of the base, Sonic and Lightning clashed several times on the ground and up in the air when they jumped.

Both blurs of yellow and blue zigzagged all over the ground that held the temple. The two quicksters fought for about an hour. And the electricity that powered Raikō was great, the power seemed to be waning upon over usage. This correlated with the fact that the lynx had begun to slow down in his movement compared to the start of the battle.

Sonic, however, never seemed to tire for a second, in comparison.

'...This hedgehog is different. He just keeps on going! Maybe he is faster than what he's shown!' Lightning thought to himself out of shock, panting outwardly. 'Oh no! I can feel the cybernetics' power declining from overuse! I've reached my limit!'

Sonic slowed down to match Lightning's pace of jogging as he thought, 'Well, well, well. Looks like Mister Ambush Shinobi's startin' to tire out. Man, here I thought things were gettin' good. Oh well...'

"You alright there? You're gettin' all winded." Sonic asked, only for the hedgehog to weave around two punches.

"Be silent!" Lightning growled in irritation, not liking how fast Sonic picked up his weakness. "This is far from over!"

Sonic sighed at the lynx's need to exalt his pride over common sense.

"...Yeah, nah. I'm gonna finish this." Sonic declared, zipping passed Raikō altogether.

"W-What the–!?" The lynx gasped, unable to comprehend the dramatic increase in his opponent's speed.

Suddenly, Sonic appeared five feet away from Raikō while still retaining the light blue outer glow around him.

Dashing forward, Sonic landed a flying kick in Raikō's abdomen, a barrage of standard speedy punches all over the upper body, a chain of spin kicks, then finished that combination attack with a top kick to the lynx's chin which sent Raikō backward in the air.

Sonic curled into a ball and rolled farther and faster than Raikō's launching speed, jumped up, and then performed a fast hard-hitting axe kick, grounding Lightning into a small crater, unconscious.

That last move was called the Sonic Eagle.

Sonic landed where the unmoving lynx lay.

He crouched down, grabbed Raikō's left arm, and checked his pulse.

Sonic sighed in relief, "Thank Chaos. I was tryin' my best to pull my punches there. At least he's down for the count."

Meanwhile, Bunnie and Predator Hawk were having a firefight in the air, with the cyborg rabbit pushing on the offensive.

Predator was flying upwards away from Bunnie, who was firing repulsor beams from her mechanical arm's palm.

"Take this, ya no good nasty vermin!" Bunnie shouted, continuously blasting at the teal Mobian hawk.

Three of her rays were avoided, but one ended up zapping his tail feathers.

"Argh!" Predator squawked in pain before turning to Bunnie with a scowl. "Piss off, carrot-breath!"

Predator then spawned a missile that when fired at Bunnie, released a brilliant flash of light that temporarily disabled yer sense of vision. The hawk then swooped down to her and spun his board, knocking Bunnie down to the ground near a public bench.

While still airborne as he flew towards the base, Predator cackled, saying, "Now that I got that hare out of my feathers, let's get back to finding that–"