|| 23 ||

DETENTION

I AWOKE WITH a smashing migraine

I AWOKE WITH a smashing migraine. Jasmine left for school an hour earlier, but I couldn't get myself to get out of bed.

When the clock hit 12, I forced myself into the shower. I pulled on my skirt and blouse in a hurry, missing a few buttons on the top. I jogged to the main campus, my hair still wet from the shower hoping the quicker I ran the quicker it was dry.

I threw the classroom door open in a hurry 45 minutes late. Everyone's eyes followed me as I flopped down on my seat, next to Luciano.

My hair was still wet, leaving patches of dampness on my half-buttoned-up blouse that started to become slightly see-through.

"Hey! My eyes are up here, Miller!" I whispered angrily

"Miss Lorenzo, you are late" Professor Moon stated "- as I was saying, the Art Assignment deadline is at the end of this week"

"Fuck" I threw my head back dramatically and groaned

"Miss Lorenzo! Detention with me after school and ten points off Devils"

"Oh" I replied, picking my nails

"Ha" Miles whispered smirking

"Grow up Miller"

"Detention for you too Mr. Miller and also ten points off Angels" Professor Moon screeched before turning back her attention to the class "class dismissed"

"I'm surprised you showed up" Jasmine commented packing in her bag "when I woke you up I thought you would've skipped school"

"Did I miss much?" I said, swinging my bag onto one of my shoulders

♡︎♡︎♡︎

The school had quickly come to an end, probably because I joined school when it was almost over.

Detention seemed to be dragging on forever, I could hear the ticking of the clock get louder and louder as every second went by. 10 minutes had passed when the door to the detention room opened as someone walked in.

"Professor Moon asked me to supervise her detention. She's at a meeting and asked me to watch you two since I'm the head girl of Celestine."

"Congrats" I sarcastically smiled "can you stop staring Miller? It's getting creepy" I looked at Miles in disgust

I glanced over to the girl who stood leaning against Moons desk.

"Are you okay? You look terrible, no offense" I sarcastically smiled at the girl

"Excuse me? Who even are you?"

"Viola Jolie Lorenzo, nice to meet you. Who are you?"

"Ah, yes," she said softly "Viola Jolie Lorenzo. Our new celebrity" she smiled looking me up and down like I was a fucking tart.

"Anyway" she clapped her hands "I request you two clean up the trophy closets. You shall complete all of the closets on the fourth floor"

"Excuse me?"

"Pathetic" Miles complained, grabbing a feather duster

I shivered as I almost walked into a spider web. We coughed multiple times due to the amount of dust we inhaled.

"Let me grab us a pair of gloves," I said, turning around walking towards the bucket. However, as I was walking I tripped over a broom, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It didn't hurt.

I opened my eyes seeing that I dragged Miles with me on my way down. He was laying on the floor before me causing me to fall on top of him. My skirt had tugged up, almost revealing my underwear which wasn't so flattering.

"I'm sorry Miller" I awkwardly started to chuckle breaking the silence. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up in embarrassment.

I tried to get off his lap but he pulled me back down. "Why aren't you letting me go," I said, whilst trying to move off

"Sexy, you are really not helping right now" he whimpers, putting his hands on my thigh

I got up from his lap when he let go of my thigh, dragging him up by his tie I reached forwards to fix his tie. "There" I stated

"Are you coming to the party Friday?" he asked as I was fixing his hair

"Another party?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. How the hell do the students maintain decent grades when there's a party every Friday night.

"Yeah, Rose house is hosting another party. Valentine's day is coming soon" he said twirling a piece of my hair "anyway, it starts at 6. And it's a pool party. It was Luciano's idea, he still wants us to go skinny dipping"

A pool party at 6 pm at the end of January? That's late and cold.

"I'll think about it. I fucked myself over the last party. And I'm supposed to start studying this weekend" I shrugged my shoulders. He pouted.

"Fine, I'll come. But I'm leaving early, I have to maintain my sleep schedule

One party won't hurt anyone, right?