No.7

Time felt different here on Earth. The days passed by in a continuous well-organized circle, humans have assigned into their lives. Their goals, tasks, and chores different yet similar. Some were so focused on their studies they neglected their health; others neglected their studies in order to laugh with their friends, but at the same time the path they choose was the same.

Just a different outcome. Who was going to succeed? And what defined the success?

Earth was complicated, simple, but complicated. It didn't take long to figure out, humans loved to allow their emotions to take control over the course of their actions. Up in the Pentagon, such behavior meant death, but here? They were allowed to express themselves, which led to misunderstandings.

My life was never defined by me, but by the orders from those above. Spending the time among these species made me uncomfortable and frankly confused. They lived in a bubble and chase after meaningless stuff like money.

In this word everything had to be paid for, even the basic needs; transport, a roof over your head, water. They weren't evolving, just living. Their ignorance was infuriating. Instead of providing and focusing on fixing their technology and knowledge, they fought among themselves in order to wear better clothes or eat fancier foods.

Nevertheless, it became apparent why the earth was prohibited from visiting. That ignorance of theirs was contagious, quickly forgetting about the galaxy and indulging yourself in the taste of their food, or something much more tempting.

My eyes as always observing the woman, who sat at the other side of the room, taking small bites of the sandwich she held in her hands. I enjoyed seeing her, for some reason she wasn't evoking any irritation, instead something different, something I was yet to discover.

"Sorry, the class took longer than I thought," my friend groaned, taking a seat in front of my view, which allowed my senses to come back.

"No worries," I muttered, fork playing with the oddly shaped pasta.

Lifting her wild brow, she snickered. "Don't tell me you've been having some deep thoughts"-she pointed at me with a silver fork-"again..."

Scoffing I shook my head, she knew me too well.

"Seriously Elina, I'm worried about you. Ever since we," she cut off, her head turning to the sides before continuing in a whisper. "Came here, you've been acting a bit off." She wasn't wrong.

Clearing my throat, not too pleased, but not having anyone else I asked. "Alright, there is something bothering me. Not only the annoying atmosphere and breathing problems but well..." I bit onto my lip, glancing at the woman from above Washu's shoulder. "The woman at the back," I pointed with a subtle nod, my friend following the direction.

"The faulty one?"

Heart clenching at what was a truthful comment. "Y..Yeah," I stammered, embarrassed to ask. "Do you feel anything when looking at her?"

My friend's head snapped back to mine; her expression rather confused. "Feel anything?" she murmured thoughtfully before taking another look. "Um, not exactly. No?"

Shit, so it was just me.

"Why?" she asked intrigued. "What was I supposed to feel? Do you feel something?" she inquired further, my heart skipping a beat.

"No," I lied with a nervous chuckle. "Of course not, just a test. Yes, I was checking something. Don't worry about it."

"Right," my friend unnecessarily dragged the word. "Talking about feeling anything. Have you found the troll girl?" she huffed clearly not over it, even after I told her to drop it.