No.17

Sleep hasn't come, it wasn't surprising to me, yet it would be a lie if I said I wasn't on the brink of falling asleep. Washu hasn't returned for the night, and I was strongly hoping that was due to having fun instead of trouble.

After restless attempts at getting some sleep, my first solution was to go to the park where I spent the remaining hours watching the stars.

I enjoyed it, but Keith's presence was still in the back of my head. He was watching me, I knew that, but finding the princess has been slowly overshadowed by the life on Earth.

Just a little longer, a bit more, greedily wanting to explore whatever it was the woman has made me feel, terrified however of how the want dangerously lined with need and desire.

"That's all," I told the cashier and grabbed the order from the local cafe.

Making my way towards Nahla's apartment, Georgia was leaving through the front door. She hasn't seen me until I held it for her to make it easier for the old lady to walk out.

"Oh," she uttered, her grumpy expression changing into a smirk when she saw me. "Nice to see you around here"—she glanced at the coffee and bags of pastry—"with breakfast."

Squinting at her, unsure of what she was getting at I shrugged and responded without a second thought. "It's for Nahla," I informed.

She laughed and patted my shoulder, "Oh, I know honey, I know. She's beautiful isn't she?"

Nodding the older woman snorted and waved me off, "Go then, before the coffee gets cold."

"Do you need any help?" I found myself asking.

She was a bit surprised by it and responded with a more serious tone. "Going to doctor's nothing you can help me with, this time."

"Okay, take care."

As I walked up the staircase—their elevators didn't seem trustworthy—I tried to process this relatively simple and casual conversation. In the beginning, I thought there was no place for me on this planet, that only Washu could fit, but slowly it was becoming apparent, even someone like myself had a chance of finding herself around humans.

When I knocked at the woman's door, I patiently waited for her to open, keeping in mind that walking required a bit more time and energy on her part.

It was funny, my heart instantly has let itself known by beating louder when her messy chestnut hair poked out from behind the door.

"Jonah... I told you not to come," she said with a groggy voice.

Arching a brow at her shocked expression, she was speechless when realizing who it was.

"I got some breakfast? I read on the internet that's what people want after drinking, or maybe it's not... Anyway, I just wanted to give this to you, you don't have to eat it." I tried to explain only to begin getting lost in my own words.

"Come in sweetheart, stop talking," she laughed while opening the door further for me to enter. "Leave it there," she pointed at the little table. "Let me go change."

"Okay," was all I said having a hard time looking away from her gorgeous legs that even when walking inwards were nothing but alluring.

She returned not long after with dark pants and a green sweater loosely hanging on her shoulders, exposing a lot of her tempting neck.

Wait.

Since when was I paying attention to such things? Unsure of my own thought process I got up and stood in front of the mysterious human, who so innocently played with my head.