No. 19

"Someone's moody," Washu pointed out, causing my brow to twitch. "What's up?" she asked.

Scrunching my nose, I grumbled a few incoherent words before taking a sip of my drink, which surprisingly wasn't there anymore.

"You finished it so quickly, I swear," she added grumpily and waved someone in. "Refill please," she told the waitress who without uttering a word proceeded with the order.

Her bright grey meeting my dark blue, we challenged one another to a quiet death stare which for the first time I lost; scoffing I averted my gaze. Looking around the bar for intergalactic beings I thought about the galaxy and Pentagon.

"It's just... I don't know anymore," I confessed against my better judgment. Washu's facial expression went from annoyed to fully attentive to my every word.

Seeing as I haven't continued, she has done so for me, "You don't know?"

Sighing heavily, never in my life have I felt this conflicted and uncertain, always knowing what to do and how to proceed, yet this place made me doubt and rethink every decision I've ever made.

Looking around searching for the sight of Keith, as if he crept at every corner watching me, I leaned towards my brunette friend and whispered.

"I don't know if I want to go back..."

Her pupils dilated expecting anything, but this. Elina a soldier who has never failed a mission considering such a treasonous thing, if not a tool of the Pentagon, then who was she?

"My friend..." Washu began carefully uncertain of how much I meant by my words. "Hey," she called awaiting the eye contact for which I needed a second. "Is it because of that woman...?" she trailed with caution.

The mention was enough to cause my heart to ache.

"As long as you are here, it's okay..." I repeated her words; Washu picked it up yet didn't comment knowing it wasn't meant for her. "But I won't be here, right?" I snapped at the brunette with the anger boiling inside. "We will have to leave, go back... I won't be able to be by her side and for the first time in my life, I'm not certain if I can survive. Hit me, torture me, make me do the worse things, things only monster would do, I'm still here, alive. But the idea of never seeing her again hurts so much Washu," my voice cracked at the end, almost a whine, a complaint as if she could do something to magically fix my worries. "Why..."

She was shocked, but composed herself within seconds, "Elina, what do you feel?"

What do I feel? Biting against my bottom lip I responded with honesty.

"When I'm with her I feel so many things at once it's almost overwhelming, never in my life have I felt like this. There's care, worry, some sort of need for her attention and touch, there's a craving to discover more, but most of all there's peace. She makes me calm, she makes all the worries pause, as if we were the only living creatures enjoying each other's company. She occupies my every thought and dream, and like a prohibited thing I wish for more, I want more of her. I want her to myself."

"Holy shit."

Frowning at such a useless reaction, Washu's enlarged pupils have said it all, she was lost for words.

"You found your soul—" paused by someone hopping onto her lap made her voice hitch. 

"Your drink ladies," June pointed at the drinks she just brought with a smirk on her face as she allowed herself to rest against Washu's shoulder and whisper something into her ear causing a burning red to sparkle in her eyes.