No.6

"Tickets?"

Staring down the man in front, doing my absolute best to control the anger, Washu attempted to fix whatever this was. They spoke for a while until he told us to leave.

"I don't get it!" I argued. "Why do you have to pay for common transport! It's just some shitty vehicle, not worth a coin!"

My friend scratched her neck and shrugged. "It's fine, that club is not far from here," she told me while following the directions on her phone.

"We are never using buses again," I muttered not letting this go — Ridiculous!

My friend laughed and answered with an attitude, "Suit yourself, but I'm not walking back."

Exhaling, my warm breath visible against the chilly evening air. Hiding my hands in the pockets of the dark coat I allowed my eyes to roam around the busy city streets, filled with life and brightened up by the lights with sources of a different kind; bars, stores, and cars.

Finally landing on the back of my friend, her ashy brown hair tied into the usual high ponytail. Shoulders lean, but strong covered by the elegant dark green coat.

She fitted in, somehow seeing her walk among humans warmed my heart. Washu was a sweetheart, she deserved a life of happiness, not fights and punishments. She didn't fit into pentagon's ways, a touch of regret for being the one to put her in there, yet I knew, otherwise she might have been very well dead by now.

Did she ever think about it? Has she ever held any anger for my decision, for taking her from that abandoned planet? The bullying, the suffering, I was the reason behind it.

Scoffing a dry smile rose upon my lips, my entire existence seemed to only bring pain and destruction. If there was a way to leave her on this planet and return by myself... Bribing the admin, giving them full control over my person, if I were to do so, they might have let it go. To them, she wasn't important enough to care, but to me? She kept me away from falling into the darkest parts of my mind.

"Watch it!" a warning as I got pushed to the side.

"You okay?" my friend asked, looking up from her phone.

I must have been lost in thoughts, walking into someone as they passed by. Still, humans weren't exactly the kindest of species.

"Yes, got distracted by... Well, everything?" I chuckled pointing around.

Her greyish eyes shone brighter. "I know!" she gushed, containing her excitement without success. "This place, planet. It's amazing, isn't it?!" Her thin lips molded into an infectious smile, that caused me to do the same. Seeing her this happy, it wasn't often.

"Indeed," I lied, not sharing similar experiences, overwhelmed by the sounds and scents. "How far?" I asked, changing the topic before she sensed the untruthfulness in my voice.

"Just around the corner," she pointed ahead, and turned around in order to walk in front.

Following behind, the anxious thoughts occupied my mind, yet there was nothing that could have been done, at least for now.

Once we stood in front of a large wooden door, we knocked and waited until a tall skinny man showed up and looked us up and down before allowing us to enter. The sound of the odd music as we walked deeper into the basement of the club. Neon lights, smoke, and stench of the mixture I wasn't going to like was so strong even my friend grimaced and covered her nose.

"Have fun," said the man before leaving our side.

Taking a seat near the bar, my eyes followed multiple species, but none of them seemed right. My friend tapped my shoulder and told me she will go ask around. Leaving me alone with an awfully bad mood and anger growing by the second.