33.

'Hi, I'm Taehyung and I greatly dislike you, because you're way too fond of my boyfriend', Taehyung thought, while watching Lucas step into Jungkook's room.
But as he saw his face with the swollen eyes and puffy cheeks from crying, he felt a little bit bad.
But that feeling went away as Lucas friendly patted Jungkook's shoulder as a thanks for letting him in.

"Hi, I'm Lucas, I don't think we've been formally introduced", he said and held out his hand.
"Taehyung", Tae said with crossed arms.
"Why don't we sit down?", Jungkook asks after 20 seconds of silence.

"So Lucas", Taehyung started, "what's wrong with you?"
"Tae!"
"I'm just saying! You look a little bit miserable right now."

Jungkook shook his head in annoyance and sat down between them on the bed.

"My best friend got rolled over by a car-"
"Rolled over?! Damn I thought they only do that in the movies-"
A quick look from Jungkook and Taehyung realized that it would be better to shut up.

"N-no, she's in hospital right now. She's okay- she's stable, but you know.. they don't know if she'll be able to walk after this."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows.
"Oh", was all he said.
Now he did feel a little bit bad.

For Lucas' best friend.

Jungkook kept stroking his back up and down and Lucas then started sobbing loudly.

JK pulled him in for a hug and continued trying to calm him down a bit.
Just as Tae wanted to say something supportive, Jungkook asked "Do you wanna stay the night?"

Taehyung's eyes widened. Oh hell no. No way, no no.

"You would do that for me?"
"Of course."
Tae started feeling sick.

This douche was trying to steal his boyfriend and he sat right next to them and watched it happening.

"You know, what you need right now?", Tae asked.
"A bit space and a tea! There's this brilliant tea, which will make you forget everything- ouch!"
Jungkook pinched his arm.
"I'm just trying to help!"
"A tea is maybe not that bad of an idea. I'll go make some."

He left the room with Taehyung and Lucas in it, hoping it wouldn't be a total carnage when he'd come back.

Silently Taehyung sat next to him, watched him, eyed him up and down.

"Um- are you able to visit her in hospital?"
"Not yet, only when she's down from the intensive care unit or whatever you call it here."

"Right."
Taehyung bit his bottom lip. He really really wanted to hate him. But in this moment that he seemed to vulnerable, he just couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to hate him.

Even worse than that, he actually wanted to help him. Actually just because that meant, he'd leave Jungkook alone tonight...

"There's this book I've read recently- about- um- two best friends who moved in together and then realized they liked each other, and maybe you'd like to read it? Since in your situation.."

"Oh no no, my best friend and I are just friends. She's like my sister."

"Oh. Too bad."

"And by the way I think I have feelings for someone else anyway."
"Oh really?", Taehyung asked and frowned.

"Excuse me, I gotta use the toilet", he said 'and throw up' he added in his thoughts.

"Jungkook, he can't stay here."
"Why?"
"He likes you."
"So?"
"Excuse me, didn't you hear me correctly? I said he likes you."
"I know, I heard you the first time."
"Wait- you knew? And you still invited him here?"
Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.
"We're just friends. And that is not going to change, believe me."
"Does he know that? What if he tries something?"
"I thought you trust me."
"It's not you, that I don't trust."
"Then you've got nothing to be afraid of."
"You can't be serious-"
"He just needs a friend right now, Tae."
"I'm sure he has loads of other friends."