𝟎𝟒.

I fell asleep with Juliette in my hands but was woken up by someone shaking me slightly

I open my eyes and see my best friend, Arnando, standing there. I quickly look at Juliette to make sure her body was covered from him, otherwise I would have lost my fucking mind and killed him on the spot.

I sigh when I realize that she was completely covered, clinging onto me as she slept peacefully. I smile down at her before looking up at my best friend.

"What?" I ask angrily as I sit up.

"Your father is on the phone." He said softly, trying not to wake Juliette up. I groan and slowly take her arm off of me, slipping out of bed and quickly put on some sweats. I want to get this phone call over with already before she wakes up and sees that I am not there.

I quietly walk out of my room with Arnando close behind me. I sigh and grab the phone from Matteo.

"What do you want?" I ask angrily.

"Son, that is no way to speak to your father." He responds over the phone. I roll my eyes.

"I do not have time for your games, father." I say glaring at the phone.

I hear him sigh over the phone.

"Did we get the alliance with the French mafia?" He asks. He has been trying to get this alliance for years but has always been unsuccessful. But, of course I got it on my first try seeing as I always get what I want.

"Yes, I got the alliance."

"I am proud of you son. So proud." He says happily. Usually, those words would make someone haply, knowing their fathers were proud of them. Not I though, I have been through hell and back with this man so many times that his words hold no value to me. I do not work for his satisfaction, I work for mine and mine only.

"I have work to do, we will be home in two days time." I say into the phone and hang up without allowing him to respond.

To be quite honest, I do not want to leave France. Only reason is Juliette. I know I did this to myself, suffering four days when I could have found her the very next day...or if I had just stayed.

"I don't want to be disturbed, do you understand?" I ask lowly to the men standing in front of me. They nod with a smirk before going back to their video games, or whatever the fuck they were doing before I walked out here.

I walk back into the room and see Juliette putting her clothes on angrily.

"What is the matter, my love?" I ask while I lean against the wall, my arms crossed over my chest. Her movements instantly stop as she lets out a gasp, keeping her back to me.

"I asked you a question, answer it." I demanded as she turned around.

"You were gone, again." She said angrily, putting her belt on, leaving her in only her bra. I sigh and walk over to her, tucking her short hair behind her ear and stopping her from putting her shirt back on.