Geronimo! ~A Doctor Who Regeneration~

~From the viewpoint of David Tennant~

I lurched my way into the TARDIS, clutching the wrenching pain in my side.  I had, so to speak, gotten my reward.  I had set all of my affairs straight, and given everyone happiness.  All but myself.  I stared at her, the TARDIS.  This would be the last time I would see her this way.  I glanced at my hand,  glowing time energy emitting from my pores.  I realized that this was the end.  This version of me would die.  A new man would seep his way into my body, and take over my actions, my emotions.  I didn't want to lose control.  With welled up tears in my eyes, I spoke aloud.  "I don't want to go!" I said, grief pouring out of every syllable.  I looked at my hand one last time.  This was the end.

My body exploded with the power of time and space themselves.  The blast was so explosive, the TARDIS started ablaze.  Everything crumbled around my rigid body, as more and more energy left my body.  Every atom, every molecule, was being re-written.  The pain was worse than becoming a human.  All because I was staying the same.  I felt my face melt and remold, my hair changing shape and color, and my being as a whole exploded one last burst, and then it was over as quickly as it started.

My mind is blank.  All white.  Wait, images.  Oh yes!  I'm the Doctor! I've changed! But wait, I feel different.  Better check the essentials.  "Legs, still got legs," I said, kissing them.  Feeling up and down, I continued. "Arms, arms, hands, fingers, oohh lots of fingers.  Umm, let's see, ears! Eyes, nose, oof, I've had worse. Mouth, chin, blimey! Hair," I stopped mid sentence.  Something wasn't right. "I'm a girl!" I exclaimed, my voice cracking on the last word. "No! NO! Not a girl!" I said, satisfied.  I pulled my hair in front of my eyes. "And I'm still not ginger!" I shouted angrily.  But wait, there was something important.  "What was it??  I'm... I'm..." Huge explosion to my right.  "Crashing!!!" I yelled with joy, rushing to the TARDIS control panel.  I started laughing hysterically, oblivious to the fire and destruction around me.  I was renewed.