Part 26 | God in Jeans

"Fuck, I hate New Year!"

Grace groans, pulling the duvet away and quickly get up from her bed. She wake up to the sound of the fireworks outside at 12 am after having a nice sleep since she came home from the airport for her parents departure. She felt tired, sleepy and she just wanted to sleep early. Grace genuinely hated New Year.

It's all the same to her, same old stuff, there's nothing new in her. She just wanted to sleep and have a peaceful night on New Year's Eve without getting disrupted by the fireworks. She wanted to rest, before her busy week start again in 7 days from now. These days had been so tough for Grace.

Grace never knew that being away from Na Jaemin would feel like this. She tried to make up with him but all she got was a rejection from him. He stay away from her, and he'd never reply or call her back. Grace couldn't even remember when is the last time that she heard his voice or even see his face.

"Fuck men, fuck Na Jaemin."

She cursed, opening the door of her bedroom as she ruffles her hair, walking to the kitchen.

"Happy fucking New Year, bitch."

Grace stunned, hearing her brother's voice, welcoming her in the kitchen with someone beside him.

"Yoon? Why are you here?" She asks someone that happened to be Yoon, standing beside Josh and hold his waist tightly as soon as Grace approach him and asked him.

"Your brother couldn't even wait any longer, he wanted a new year's kiss as soon as possible." Yoon answered, making Josh rolling his eyes and pulled out from his side.

"So you two were make out already?" Grace chuckles, looking at how her brother's cheek turning into red as Grace teased him.

She walks to the side of the counter, opening the refrigerator while the sound of the fireworks are slowly fading away.

"Of course, on January 1st, at 00.00 o'clock." Yoon answered again, getting a scoff from his boyfriend.

"I told him to take a day off, he never listened." Josh said, making Grace laughed while taking out a soda can from the fridge.

"Work is way more important than a new year's eve kiss. You two could make out anywhere you want and every time you want. What's the difference between the regular kiss and a new year's eve kiss? You two just pressed your lips into each other, there's nothing new."

Josh chuckles, walking slowly to get the stool, and sit on it. Yoon on the other hand, join his boyfriend to sit on the stool, continuing teasing Grace.

"That's probably the words that the heartbroken person would've said." Josh said, making Grace choke on her drink as she shut her eyes because of his brother's words to her.

Yoon chuckles, pinching his boyfriend cheeks as he begin to join his laugh at Grace.

"Excuse me?" Grace said, placing her hand on her waist while sipping on her soda drink, feeling annoyed by the couple in front of her.

"Yeah, Grace. We're not related to you. We're boyfriends, not a single lady like you."
"Fuck you, Yoon."

Grace point her middle finger to Yoon, taking another stool and join in the counter with them. Josh on the other hand, offering her sister a cookies that he bought this early evening for the new year's eve event with his boyfriend.

"How is he now, Grace? I heard a lot from your brother."
"He's nowhere to be found. God, I fucking hate men."

Yoon chuckles, grabbing another piece of cookie and eat it together with Grace. "I love men, Grace."