So we meet again • Carl •

Tenish years ago

Y/n pov (7 years old)

"Mom I don't want to go." I groaned as mom started the car. "Y/n we are going to see my friend." "But Carls mean to me! He calls me names!" "But you like Mrs Lori." She tried to reason.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

A few minutes later. "Now I want you on your best behavior." "Tell that to Carl." "Y/n!" "Sorry."

"Lori hi!" "Hi! Come on in. y/n Carl should be upstairs." "Okay..."

I slowly walked up the steps into Carls room. He was sat on his bed reading book.

"Oh great your here." "I don't want to be." I rolled my eyes. "I forgot how annoying you are." "Mommy!!!!" I screamed. "Y/n what is it?" "Carls being mean." "Carl!" "I'm not mom, she's just dramatic!"

"You too used to be best friends what happened?" Mrs Lori said. "I found out how annoying she is." My eyes widen. "Your a jerk!" I screamed and hopped on his bed. "Mom! Help!" I started to slap him, until mom pulled me off.

"Lori, I think it's best if we hang out another day." "Probably for the best, I'll call you later." Mom nodded and carried me downstairs. I stuck my tongue out at him as mom walked down the steps.

Present day

I hear them all around me. I looked out the window to see a group of no more than five people.

People.

Good people?

I slowly walked out the building and pulled out my gun. I made sure my bandanna covered my face.

"Where did they all come from." A man with a cross bow said. "I have no idea." Another voice said.

"Alright you've had your fun, now put your weapons down!" I yell and aimed my gun. They all turned to me.

It's a four men and one women.

"You heard me!" "We can talk about this." A man who looked oddly familiar said. "Your just a kid how good can your shot even be." A Korean man said.

I narrowed my eyes and aimed at him before their protest begun I shot. It went right passed him hitting a walker square in the forehead.

"Okay never mind." He said. "Now I won't say it again! Guns and crossbows and... sword? On the ground now! I don't feel like killing anyone today."

"Dad?" A boy who looked to be my age said. He wore an obnoxious sheriffs hat. That hat looked familiar.

"Carl it's fine. We don't want to hurt you either." I stared at the boy with the hat on. "Carl?" I asked. "Y-yes?" He lifted his head up so I could see him better.

Carl Grimes.

My eyes widen.

And the man talking.... RICK!!

"Holy crap!" I couldn't help but say. They all looked at each other confused then back at me.

I let my gun down. And pulled my bandanna down.

"Y/n?" Carls the first to say. "Y/n? Y/n L/n?" Rick said looking at me.

"You know this kid." "Lori and her mom were good friends and I worked with her dad." "Man out of everyone you guys would be the last people I though I'd see."

"It's good to see you y/n." "You too, sorry for threatening you." "Is your mom and dad?" I shook my head. "I've been on my own, sorta took over this place." They looked around at the buildings.

"Everything here?" "Basically." I shrugged. "Your far from Atlanta." I shrugged again. "It's the end of the world. And it's been my dream to-."

"See the world." Carl said. I smiled. "Yeah... anyway. What are you guys doing out here?"

"Looking for food and water. We have a community about twenty miles away." "Community?" "Yeah, you should come." Carl walked foreword.

"I don't know I sorta like my set up here. You said you needed food?" "Yeah." The man with the crossbow said.

"Well, follow me." I started to walk to the building I was in before. "Tada." I opened the door to reveal a food pantry.

"Wow." They all said. "Take what you need." They all went to different sections.

"Hey Carl." "Hey." "Crazy to see you. I haven't seen you since..." "The day you jumped me." "Ohhh, I remember. Man mom was furious on the car ride home."

We both laughed at the memory. "You should come to the community we have its called Alexandria. It's safe." "I can't believe Carl Grimes is willingly inviting me somewhere." "You know, end of the world." I bummed his shoulder lightly.

"Oh you've got to see this." I unintentionally grabbed his hand to make him follow me.

We walked through an office door. I opened one of the drawers. "Look!" A whole stack of comics was in there.

"No way." "Pretty sweet huh." He started to flip through the comics. "There's a comic book store around the corner." "Sweet." I handed him another comic.

Are hands lightly touched making us look at each other. I smirked. "You know what. Maybe I'll check out this community you have."

He laughed lightly.

Words 861