Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Did I really just agree to go on a date with Ivan Drago? And not just a date, my first date. I've never went out with a men bevore. „You're a dangerouse women, who weakens mens legs" Mickys words come to my minde. I'ver never understood that.

Ivan and I grabed ourselfs a pizza on the way, as we walk around town. Both of us not really sure what to say, I realize that we were at the love park. I've never been here bevore, but I've heard plently stories. Adrian used to tell me a few times how special this place was. „Once you're with the right person, it'll find you" she once said to me.

Ivan and I sat on a bench near the fontain. Surpisingly enough there weren't many people around so it was nice and quite.

„You ... you where in the army?" I ask trying to break the silience.

„Da. Infantry Captain for the Soviet Army." He explains.

„Captain Ivan Drago" I repeat and he nods.

„How long where you in the army?"

„4 years." He answers as he's looking in my eyes and continuinge on telling me more about himself. I look at him and slowly place my hand in his. „When I was little my father was how you say..." he takes a moment. „Drunk. He was also in army and then he just drink. Here and there he would yell and hit my mother, not often but did happen. He would kick me and I fly across the room into book shelf, because I walked infront of TV. When I was old enough I made sure he would never hit her again."

I lift my head up and just look at him with sadness in my heart, not really expacting him to open up to me that way. What real men would lay a hand on a women, let alone a women he suposendly loves. But now everything with Ivan starts to make sense. Why he boxes, why he wants „to bring honor to his country".

„I went into army at 18 right after graduation." He goes on. „That's were I started boxing. Nicolai and Sergei were looking at worthy fighters and saw me fight fellow soldier Alexei Baluk." He starts to tell me. „Final fight in the USSR was on the deck of a warship, were I defaded the „best boxer in the Red Navy" Yurri Denisov."

„So you won every fight?" I ask currious. Having him sit so close next to me I can clearly see his strength.

„Da. My amateur record is 100 wins and 100 knockouts." Impressve I think to myself.

Ivan starts caressing my hand and I start getting butterflies in my stomach. This men is portated as this unstoppable, dangerous monster, but at this moment I feel the safest that I have felt in a while.

„You are close with Balboa and Creed?" he asks slowly.

I give him a nod. I start to open up to him scared because i've never really opend up like that to anyone, but something in my gut tells me that I can trust him.

„I never knew my dad and my mother had her own demons to fight. At sixteen I dropped out of school and ran away from home. I was extremly lucky and got a job at a gym." I look at him. "The same gym where Rocky trained" I slowly ad. „Mickey, the guy who owned the gym, took me in and gave me a job. He always yelled at me for how stupid I was for droping out of school, but I needed the money. I had to promise him to at least get out of that gym and get a somewhat diecent job that payed enough so I didn't have to depand on anybody." I let my head sink a little as the memories start to come back.

„He died recently. Rocky and Apollo offered to help me aswell but I never wanted to take advantage of the wealth they had. I wanted to earn it myself." I never told anybody my whole storie. Rocky and Apollo knew a lot of that because they were involved, but Ivan just listend to me and ever so slightly he squeezes my hand to reasure me that he was here now.

Ivans finger carefully grab my chin makeing me look up at him. „I'm sorry for your loss." his voice is low and I place my head against his hard muscular cheast, enjoying his presence wishing that this moment would never end.