Chapter 12

Ivan P.O.V.

The hotel room was crowded with people. Everyone was smoking and drinking. All except Ivan. The winner of his first big fight was sitting alone on the hotel couch. 

"Chto ty teper' duyesh'sya? Ty vyigral! Ty ne dovolen?" (What are you sulking about now? You won! Aren't you satisfied?) Ludmilla taunted him, but Ivan ignored the drunken woman.

All he could think about right now was Alexa. The dear girl next door. The girl who saw the good in him and the girl he was sure to have lost forever after tonight. 

None of this had been planed. He had not intended to be so brutal, but after all the insults and taunts, the American had it coming. 

"Ivan", Nikoli began to pronounce his toast. "Chtoby Ivan I amerikantsy, nakonets, pochuvstvovali, chto Rossiya luchshe! Pobo she by pobed!" 
(To Ivan and to the Americans finally getting a taste, that Russia is better! Here's to many more victories!)

Ludmilla just grins at her husband as she raises her glass and takes a big sip before turning back to Ivan. "Such a shame. She was cute. I can see why you're so facuninated with her and why she is with you ... oh, sorry I mean was of course. After you almost killed her  little friend, I'm sure she'll never forgive you!" 

She laughs, as she sits down next to Ivan. "But don't worry," her hand slides up and down his leg, "you can have fun with me."

That's all Ivan needed. He almost jumps up from the couch and goes over to the minibar where unopened bottles of vodka are still waiting to be consumed. Ivans toughts wander to the fight. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

Why, why did ge say that?! It's not like he didn't mean it, but when he thinks about how Alexa looked at him. He can't get her look out of his mind and he was in the army after all. The pure despair in her big eyes that were full of tears. 

Those beautiful eyes that looked up at him, almost pleading. 

He couldn't stand those images anymore and even less could he stand for a second the thought that Alexa really hated him forever. His hand reaches for the vodka bottle and opens it. He looks at it for a second and images of his drunken father come up, but at that moment he doesn't care that he refuses alcohol for a reason. 

Ivan skips the glass and takes a good sized glup straight from the bottle in pure desperation, to just forget for a moment, the pleading look on Alexas face. 

Alexas P.O.V. 

"Ivan?" He's standing in the door and just looks at me. He's dressed in jeans and a black T-Shirt. The smell of collone and alcohol hits my nose as I can't take my eyes off of him. 

"Ivan?"

"Can I come in?" he slurs. He doesn't even wait for my respons and just steps inside making me take a step back. I'm not sure what to say or how to act. The only thing that goes through my mind are his words and his fists. How he keeps on hitting Apollo in his face. 

Over and over again.

"What are you doing here?", I ask him. My tone lets me hear that I don't want to see him. He flinches at my words. 

"Had to see you."

"Now you have. There's the door!" I don't even manage to say a sentence without my voice breaking off an tears coming. 

"I didn't mean to hurt you!" For a second I stand there rooted to the spot. Is he trying to make a complete fool out of me now. 

"Me?" I ask, aghast. "You didn't mean to hurt me?", he just continues to look at me. 

I realize that he's clearly drunk, which make me immediately think about how much he must have drunk to reach such a state, but I push these thoughts out of my head. He doesn't deserve to have me worrying about him. 

"What about Apollo? You almost killed him!" I yell at him. He takes a step towards me, making me take one back. This goes on until my back almost touches the wall. 

"Ivan don't", I warn him. 

"I didn't mean to. But Lexa, I an not sorry. Creed got what he deserved. He is a pathetic little man with too much of a smart mouth and I just did what he bounced with all the time."

I stand rooted to the spot. Ivan's head is so close to mine. I can't believe what he actually just said. Drunken or not, that doesn't justifies it. I can feel who my anger takes over me and before I can stop myself, my plam slaps against his cheek.

Ivan abruptly straightens up and his hand strokes his cheek. His eyes are black, just like after the fight.

I swallow. 

"Ivan", I try to apologize, but before I know it, Ivan grabs me by my neck and pushes me against the wall, knocking the air out of my lungs. 

When I open my eyes to look at him, I can only see his fist flying towards me. I close my eyes and the flashbacks from the fight immediately take over my mind, 

I squeak, and as I open my eyes I see Ivan's fist in the wall just next to my head. More tears spurt from my eyes. I can't believe this just happend. That's also when Ivan seems to come around as well, realizing what he's done. 

He's eyes widen and panic reflects in them. He breaks away from me and steps back. I feel myself sliding down the wall onto the floor. 

"Please go", my voice is now only a slight tremble. 

"Lexa, pozhaluysta, prosti menya" (Lexa, please frogive me) 

His eyes are still wide open and he looks so desperate. Part of mejust wants him to hold me in his arms and promise me, that everything will be fine. But I know it won't ... probably never again. 

"Ivan please" I beg him desperately. "Just go" I slight whisper escapes my lips as tears continue to stream down my face. 

He looks broken as he takes a few steps away from me. He walks to the door, but turns around to give me one last look. 

Almost if he wanted to save my face in his mind. 

He then turns and leaves. He leaves the room and thus my life. I stay right where I am and cry. I cry and cry until the sun starts to rise.