1

Roselyn’s POV:
The clock ticked ever so slowly. It's 5 minutes past 7 pm on a Friday, yet my manager Vincent (whom he insisted to call just V) was still tallying the items in the last aisle. When I saw him in his normal clothes without the 'Supermart' store vest at 6:30, I thought I could finally leave. But he started tallying and I have been stuck here ever since. My part-time shift ended 35 minutes ago. If I didn't have a very tiny crush on him, I would've left without informing him. And this still being the first week of me working here does not help at all. I want to make a good impression and get some brownie points too.
"Just stop working, if your face wasn't so perfect, I would've punched you in the face already," I thought as I looked at him from my place behind the cashier desk. He turned back as if he heard me. It freaked me out. I sat up straight. He saw me and looked surprised. "Miss Roselyn, you can leave. I will just wrap this up and lock the store" he said. The fact that he did not notice me all this while hurt me a little. I gave a soft smile, but before I could even reply he turned back to his work. "Should I leave? I waited for 35 minutes already, he said he'll finish soon, so let's wait, I neither have a shift tomorrow nor any plans for the weekend anyway" I thought. I was still wearing the store vest over my outfit, so I left my sling bag on the cashier desk, for Vincent to see that I was still there and went to the back of the store to place my vest in my staff locker. I heard some noise from just outside that room. It was the furniture department. The lights were already off in all parts of the store except the grocery aisles and the cashier desk in the front. I stepped out of that room and looked around. Without any staff or customers, the dark furniture section looked like some haunted house. I heard the noise again. As I walked in the general direction of the noise, I suddenly heard a very familiar sound from the front end of the store. The shrill sound of the shutter closing. I panicked. Without a second thought, I ran towards the gate. It was too late, the lights in the front were off and the shutter beyond the glass doors was closed. I ran to the glass doors and screamed on top of my lungs, "VINCENT, I AM STILL IN HERE!!!" But I knew better, there was no way he could hear that. I slowly turned back to face the silent and dark store. Now I was truly alone.