6

After almost roaming around the entire store, they came back to the last aisle.
"JK push me hard, one last time, I understood how to control it, you don't need to walk behind me for this. Push me hard and I'll stop it at the end of the aisle. Trust me on this." Justin nodded because he knew the aisle was long enough for the speed to reduce by the time she reaches the other end, so he started at one end of the aisle, held the cart, and ran for a couple of steps, and left the bar with a push. Off she went, screaming with joy. He smiled looking at her laughing and lifting her arms as if she is on some amusement park ride. She turned back to wave at him, but the sudden movement caused the cart to deviate from its straight path moving towards the glass doors of the refrigerators. Justin panicked and ran towards the trolley. Roselyn understood what was happening but before she could do something about it, she was moving too close to the doors, too fast. She closed her eyes on the instinct and put the fox in front of her face because she was scared of the impact. The cart jerked very strongly pushing her forward but there was no impact. She slowly opened her eyes to see Justin standing between the cart and the refrigerator with his back to the glass door and his hands stopping the front of the cart from crashing into it. "JUSTIN" she shouted, worry laced in her voice, and got out of the cart. He helped her out, pushed the cart aside, and held her shoulders as he asked, "Are you alright Rosie? Are you hurt somewhere? Oh God I was so scared"
Roselyn stood there stunned, looking at this guy, who spoke like he genuinely cared. She held his hands that were on his shoulders and said, "Thank you JK, you shouldn't have done that, it is too risky." She felt genuinely cared for and to show him she is thankful she gave his hands a small squeeze. That is when she heard a small hiss from him. She turned his hands to look at his palms. Both his palms were red and swollen, she looked back at the cart. The cart had rubber stoppers at the corners, but the centre bar was metal, a rather sharp one. Gripping it with such force is bound to hurt. "I'm so sorry JK, come with me" She held his hands and walked back to the furniture section. She told him to wait there and went back to get packs of frozen peas from the refrigerator. She sat beside him on the couch and slowly dabbed the chilled packs on his swollen palm. The thought of him being hurt just because she wanted to play around made her feel extremely bad. She repeatedly murmured, "I'm sorry" looking only at his palms and dabbing at both of them periodically. Justin wasn't affected much by it, he had far worse bruises and swellings when he played sports. He just looked at the beautiful girl in front of him caring for him and holding his hands so delicately as if he was some fragile thing that could easily break. He heard her murmuring sorry, before he could say it's alright, a teardrop fell onto his hand. He froze. He removed a hand from hers and slowly lifted her chin to find tears in her eyes threatening to fall any moment. "Hey Rosie, it's nothing. Don't cry. I have had worse, it'll go down in an hour or so. I'm just happy you're safe. Now stop crying you're making me sad."
"I'm not crying," she said with a frown visible on her face, lips almost pouting to stop those tears from falling. He looked at her, used a finger to lift her chin and look into his eyes, and said, "You're the first person I ever saw who looks this pretty even while crying"
She whined and hit his chest, before she could hit again, he held her hand and pulled her towards him wrapping her into a hug. Where he got all that courage from, he had no idea, it just felt like the right thing to do. She didn't pull back as he expected her to, instead she let her hands stay on his chest and wiped her tears with his hoodie. "I am not crying," he said in a mocking tone and laughed. "I am not a cry baby. But I just hate that you got hurt because of me. I shouldn't have done that, I am sorry." She looked up at him and they both realized how close her face was to his. They could both feel the other’s heart beating ever so loudly. He put a palm on her cheek and said "Don't say sorry, you did what you always wanted to do and had fun. I am just glad you're not hurt. And this swelling will go down soon. So don't say sorry." They looked at each other still not moving, they were so close, they could feel each other’s breath fanning their face. She nodded her head to say alright. And he pulled her forward and gave a small kiss on her forehead. Was it an impulsive decision? Yes. Did he regret it? No. It just felt right to him. Her heart pounded hard, she knew he can hear it because she could hear his. Both their cheeks were pink and ears red. They were not awkward at all, they were very comfortable but they did not know what to say to bring them back from that tension. Before they could figure it out, they heard a small rumble "Can we eat something, I am hungry." He pouted and looked at his tummy that just made a noise clearing all the tense air around. She giggled and asked him what he wanted to eat. "Anything, just include banana milk to drink with the food" "Okay, copy that. I'll find us something you ice this swelling down"
As he laid down on the couch applying the ice pack (the peas pack to be precise) onto his swelling, he saw her go into the staff room with her trolley. He expected chips to be honest. After many minutes that felt like hours, she shouted for him to come to a dining table near the staff room. He put the peas back in the freezer and went to her. Stunned was a very small word for his emotion. The table was almost full of food. There was steaming hot cup ramen, a lot of hot bars (meats on a stick that you just microwave and eat) on paper plates, ice cream, and an entire pack of banana milk. "It's all on me, don't argue, I already paid for it. And they're safe to eat, I microwaved the meats in the microwave from our staff lounge and used our kettle there for the noodles. And it's not because I am sorry. The entire banana milk pack is my sorry, the rest of it is my treat, maybe because you’re cute? Let's just eat." She rambled and sat down on a chair. He sat down on the chair beside her. They ate as she talked. He clicked pictures of her eating and she made funny faces. She told him about how she studies at college and does part-time here because it is boring to be in the dorm. Her roommate always goes out with her boyfriend, so she stays alone in the room. Though it is amazing to be alone, it gets boring at times. So, she took a part-time here to kill all that time. She likes being busy. Until she gets herself a boyfriend to spend her free time with, she will be working here she joked. All this time, he listened to her very fondly. She spoke very animatedly. With gestures and expressions. She was full of life. He could listen to her forever. He placed some of the meats in her ramen cup. She smiled and ate them with gusto. They soon finished eating two cups of ramen each and all the meat she bought. They cleared everything, they took the ice cream tub, banana milk, and their plastic spoons to go sit on the couch. The ice cream was out for long, so she went and put it in the freezer again.