Chapter 10

-3rd POV-

'Just one more time...' Kageyama thought, as he tossed the ball, 'At the very moment Hinata is at the highest point of his jump, to set the ball at the optimum spiking level...'

Hinata looked at the ball, then at the other side of the court since his eyes were opened, 'Then I will take aim...' He thought, then raised his arm to spike the ball, '...and swing!' He then went for the hit but the ball had passed.

'The toss was a little too high.'

Daichi had ran up and saved the ball.

"Captain." The orange haired male said.

Noya and Asahi were shocked.

"Nice save, Daichi-san." The libero said, as the ball went over the net.

"It's in."

"Front, front."

Inuoka dived in order to save the ball before it hit the floor.

"Nice, Inuoka." Yaku said.

"Bring it." Yamamoto said, raising his hand, looking at Kenma, who bumped the ball.

"Tora." He said.

"Let's do this, Hinata. One, two..." Tanaka said, as the captain and the said male were waiting to block.

Once the Nekoma player jumped up to spike the ball, the three jumped and successfully blocked the ball.

"All right."

Fortunately, for Nekoma, the ball was saved.

"Kai-san, nice cover."

-----

"Wow, the supporting players on both teams are doing a good job." Takinoue said.

"They're not flashy, but they keep the ball in play. There wouldn't be a match without them." Shimada said.

-----

The pudding haired male jogged up.

"Kenma. One more!" The mohawk haired male said, raising his arm again.

The said male bumped the ball.

"Even if I'm only average on offense," Yamamoto jumped up to spike the ball again, "I'm still Nekoma's ace!" He finished and spiked the ball, making it over the three blockers, who looked back in shock, "All right."

"Damn." The buzz cut haired male said.

-----

"Taketora-san is more fired up than usual." The player next to the coach said.

"Karasuno's team has a similar kind of guy. Maybe that's why." Nekomata said, turning to Karasuno's side, "Or maybe he got inspired by the battle between Inuoka and #10."

From the other side, the supervisor had a worried look.

"Hinata-kun and Kageyama-kun's quick sets haven't been syncing..." Takeda said.

"That's because they're trying to do normal quick sets, instead of the freak quick sets where Kageyama matches Hinata perfectly. But Hinata needs to develop his skills." Ukai said, watching the two.

"You're still straining. Your timing's slower than usual." The blue haired male pointed out to the male.

"His body has to learn, and the only way is through repetition. He'll have to keep training, but once he has a unique set of skills..."

"...that duo will cease being an oni and his iron club. They'll become a pair of oni." Nekomata said.

13 |    2    | 17