Prologue

Warm water is now washing away blood on my body. I looked over my shoulder and saw a big bruise appear on it which extended through my back. I touched my stomach as I hissed in pain.

Sometimes I wanna tell to my self that I am used to it, but the truth is I'm not. Still now I'm afraid that one day, the man whom I once considered my father, will actually cross the line and kill me.
It's okay, I'm not holding on any grudge. 

I suddenly turned myself around and saw my reflection at the mirror. I could see my long dirty blonde hair sticking on my face and reaching till my bruised belly. I stared at the reflection until I felt my body go numb. In a matter of time I found myself sobbing lightly and tears mixing up with the shower water upon my face.

What have I become? Who am I? I let my self a shaky breath out and clutched my head between my hands. I wanted to scream but I don't seem to find my voice to do it. 

I let myself lean on the cold tiled wall and slid down the floor, taking my legs up to my chest as the shower water was hitting my bruised back making me quite shiver. 

I pursed my lips and tried to calm my sobs when Suddenly I heard sirens bursting out of our apartment. I looked up and helped myself on to the wall as I quickly took my clothes dirty with fresh blood on and wore them again. 

Two officers barged in to the bathroom door as they held up their guns towards me. I instinctively held my hands up high as sign of surrender. 

''Don't shoot her. She is the daughter. We need to take her.'' A man with grey suit pushed the officers away as he made his way to me. I let my hands fall on my side as he approached to me. 

''Sweetie, I'm John Brown. I'm an attorney. Come with me we have some few question for you.'' The man politely took out his hands on me as he took few more steps near me. I flinched at his touch as I backed away. ''Don't worry I won't hurt you. I am here to help you.'' He nods as I saw sorrow in his eyes. 

I finally gave in as Attorney John wrapped me up an a towel. I looked around and saw my house upside down. Things were thrown everywhere, such us the table and chairs. I sniffed and looked at the main door. There I saw my father crouched down bleeding. I tried to look away when suddenly I heard yell and shots.

My instinct told me to duck down, which I immediately did. I felt someone cover me up and noticed Mr. Brown covering me. 

I looked up and saw the lifeless body of my father. 

I should feel sad and hurt, instead I felt like I was free. I should cry but no emotion showed up whilst we passed the body of the front door. 

Am I that cruel and numb to not feel any emotions?

I don't feel overwhelmed. I feel nothing.