[4] Hazel Brown

Miss Nothing - The Pretty Reckless

Questions roamed my head whist I watched the sunrise in the horizon and birds resting on my window, greeting me a good morning with their beautiful and bubbly chirp.

The nightmare had my wide-awake and since then I stayed up all night, afraid that the man in my dreams would haunt me again.

Light steps through the hallway were the only audible sounds in this peaceful morning. I blinked few times, shaking off myself from trance and decided to head to the bathroom.

''Good Morning.'' Mr. Stilinski chirped as I descend the stairs, heading towards the kitchen. I noticed Linden with a cup on his right hand and a newspaper on his left one. I hum in response and made myself a cup of tea.

I leaned my back against the counter, carefully sipping on to my cup as I close my eyes with every gulp.

''Good Morning people!'' A loud and triumphant tone escaped from Stiles mouth as he made his way towards the cupboard. I looked over the table and saw Linden frown at the actions of his son.

I hid a grin inside the mug I was holding as I watched Stiles, clumsily reach out for the cereal.

He took his left foot on the counter and reached out with his hands the counter top. ''UGH come on!'' He exclaimed, sighing, ready to give up. I rolled my eyes and slowly took a chair from the table and leaned it next to the counter.

I step on the chair as my heights leveled with the cereal. I took it and handed it to the boy next to me. ''Thanks... I, I was about to do it.'' He said chuckling with awkwardness.

''Geez, son. Sometimes I doubt your intelligence.'' Mr. Stilinksi chuckled as Stiles gripped on his chest and frowned ''you are hurting my feelings, father.'' He stated.

I finished my tea, carefully observing the funny scene between them. I watched them with envy and jealousy; Once upon a time, my father and I were like them, always happy and teasing at each other, while my mom scolds us like little kids.

I zoned out for a bit, until I noticed finger snap in front of me. I slightly jumped in surprise, Stiles was in front of me with a bowl on his hands. ''Are you okay?'' He asked as I nodded and frowned.

I placed my cup on the sink and opened the water, as it rinsed the dirt from the mug. ''Guys, I know you will go out later and I am sure you will come home late. However, do not do anything reckless, especially you are with Emma.'' Linden averted as rose from his seat and wore his jacket.

''Sir Yes sir.'' Stiles ironically saluted his father, as Linden groaned rolling his eyes

-

Days are mostly empty, such as sitting on my bed, drawing or eating.

Nevertheless, it is okay, I am used to being alone.

I took my mp3 and plugged it on my stereo near the desk. I turned the volume up and played my favorite song, Miss Nothing by The Pretty Reckless. I smiled to myself as the music blasted all over the room.

I turned the volume louder until I felt the walls pounding around me. I glanced up at the mirror on the back of the door and saw my reflection.

I really need to cover my paleness up. I sighed, made my way towards the closet, and took out a box. Inside of it was a pouch with some make up from my previous foster mom.

She gave it to me when she thought I would stay with them for a long time.

I grinned to myself and started on underlining my eyes with some black eyeliner. I made it thick and visible so it can cover my bags underneath. It made my electric blue eyes pop.