Two: All the Glitter with no Gold

"How was she," Daphne asks with a smile on her face, "ya know-" Eurydice cuts her off by bonking her on the head. "Ow!"

"We didn't do anything, we just talked..." Eurydice says

"Right, 'talked' about what exactly?" Daphne asks.

"None of your business. Loiterings a crime Daphey, get to work or go school," Eurydice says.

"School is so boring though! It doesn't teach me anything I need to know. You didn't go to school and you're just fine!" Daphne protests.

"I'm unmarried at twenty-three and working at a diner. I'm not fine," Eurydice snaps back.

"Do you even like guys?" Daphne asks with a yawn. Eurydice doesn't answer. "It's okay if you don't. I'm not a bitch." Daphe's indifference to the affair comforted Eurydice, if Daphne felt like it she could have her ruined. However, Daphne liked her sister too much she was never gonna leave her side, no matter what.

"Get. To. Work." Eurydice says throwing an apron at her sister.

"Is that even legal?" Daphne asks. Eurydice shrugs and Daphne sighs and puts on the apron. The doorbell rings and Orphea walks in.

"Oh hello," Daphne says, "Where do you want to sit? Eurydice's area is right over there-"

"Daphne," Eurydice says turning crimson, "Shut up!"

"How long until your shift is over?" Orphea asks.

"An hour and a half. But I have to walk this loser home before we can hang out," Eurydice says ruffling Daphne's hair.

"No, you don't. I can walk myself home-"

"I'll walk with y'all," Orphea says with a smile.

"You'd do that?" Eurydice asks, a smile crawling across her face.

"Of course! Plus, I don't wanna just sit here looking creepy waiting for you to come back," Orphea says with a small giggle.

Persephone watches from her window at the two lovers. Persephone doesn't know that Orphea and Eurydice are dating, but if you see the cater for your mother's dumb party followed by Calliope's girl one can make an assumption. Her marriage to the "cruel ruler of Hadestown" was very unconventional so maybe she related to the young girls a bit. Maybe she wanted to help them out.

"Persephone Kore Planter, get down here this second!" Her mother calls out. Persephone gets off of her window seat and walks downstairs. She loves the summertime, she loves the sun on her face, she loves the way the grass curls up under her feet. So why in God's name has she been spending the first day of her summer in her childhood room? Maybe it was because she was used to being inside by now. Six months outta the year in that hellhole will do that to you.

She won't get drunk, she's gonna enjoy every second of this sober. Lord knows, her husband will want to end it prematurely. "Mama that ain't my name anymore," She says looking at her disapproving mother, "Hades and I are married, I'm Persephone Kingston now."

"Not when you're here," Her mother said, kissing her forehead, "Never while you're here."

Her mother was a sixty-year-old woman with freckles and age dotting her bronze face, since Persephone was born all the two of them did was work in the fields and play in the garden. It was exhausting, but she misses it. Her mother doesn't want her to get hurt, but Persephone can't just stay here.

"Mama I'm going out," Persephone said.

"Don't do that! You never know who could be out there!" Demeter said.