Five: Daffodils and Dahlias

CW: Smut
Eurydice lays a rose on her sister's stone coffin. She can still hear Daphne's laugh, she could still smell Daphne's perfume, she could still feel the tiredness from the late-night discussions. Daphne will never laugh again, she'll never put on perfume and the two will never talk again. She's gone forever now. "Eurydice?" Orphea asks. Eurydice turns to her. "Can I bring you to my favorite place to get your mind off of...this?"

Eurydice takes Orphea's hand. Eurydice doesn't want to leave Daphne alone just yet, but she knows she has to eventually. It's what Daphne would've wanted. Orphea places a gift on the dead girl's tomb, daffodils and dahlias.

The two girls leave St. Louis Cemetery. Orphea leads Eurydice away from the urbanized city and to a small field of flowers. It was beautiful, Eurydice kicked off her shoes and walked hand and hand with Orphea. "It's beautiful here isn't it?" Orphea asks.

Eurydice nods but she knows the truth, flowers bloom until they rot and fall apart. This was beautiful, there's no denying that, however, how long would it last? Winter is almost here. Hardships have already arrived.

Eurydice grabs Orphea's arm. "Say that you'll hold me forever. Say that the wind won't change on us. Say that we'll stay with each other and it will always be like this," Eurydice begs.

Orphea rubs Eurydice's face. "I'm gonna hold you forever. The wind will never change on us. Long as we stay with each other," She whispers in her ear.

The two fall down in the flower field. Orphea carefully takes Eurydice's vest off. She kisses her neck. "I need you," Eurydice whispers.

Orphea takes her shirt off. "Then have me," She says.

They make love in their bed of flowers. Beautiful, passionate, wonderful love. Eurydice never wants to let go of Orphea. "This is a crime you know," Eurydice whispered, "public indecency and all that."

Orphea smiles. "I'd go to jail for you," Orphea whispers. The two sit there, they sit there until a chill rattles Eurydice's bones. The two start to get dressed until Eurydice notices something

"My coat," Eurydice says feeling around, "Where...where'd my coat go?" Orphea helps her search but to no avail, it was stolen by the wind.

"Hey it's okay Edie, we'll buy a new one," Orphea says. Eurydice stiffens up at the nickname.

"Don't call me that," She snaps. Orphea looks up at her, heartbroken. Eurydice doesn't have the patience to apologize. "Not everyone has a Mr. Hermes to give them anything they want okay?"

"But, you have me. I'll give you anything you want-"

"Well, I don't want your sympathy!" Eurydice yells, "Just! Ugh, I'm sorry I need to think."

Eurydice storms off, fingers digging into her palms. When she reaches the limits of the city, she falls to her knees and sobs. "Don't cry," a man with a deep voice says. He picks her head up and smiles down at her.

"Well hey little songbird, give me a song. I'm a busy man and I can't stay long, I got clients to call, I got orders to fill, I got walls to build, and I've got riots to quell."

Eurydice is consumed by the strange beauty of the man. His voice and his strange eyes have a hold on her. She doesn't understand why but she wants to listen to him.

"Hey, little songbird, cat got your tongue? Always a pity for ones so pretty and young. Then poverty comes to clip your wings it knocks the wind right out of your lungs, and nobody sings on empty," He says. Eurydice wants to fly down and feed at his hand. She wants a nice, soft place to land. When she really thinks about it, she wants to lie down forever.