Chapter 3

Legolas POV

Legolas was scared. Scared that he would be orphaned. Scared of his fathers death. Scared of the prospect of being king. He was not ready for any of it.

He focused on stopping the bleeding from Thranduil's wound. He knew that the continuos loss of blood would weaken the king further.

"Tauriel, do you have cloth?" He asked, trying to still the tremble in his voice.

"Yes, my lord." she replied.

"Stop with the 'my lord' thing! Please!"

"Yes, Legolas." Tauriel grabbed an arrow from her quiver and messily hacked off part of her own dress. "Here's the cloth."

"Thanks. Don't happen to have some-"

"-water? Yes I do." Tauriel replied with a grin smile.

"Good. Thank you," Legolas felt his heart lift a bit when Tauriel's hand brushed his when she had passed him the water, but it fell again once Legolas took in how pale and still his father was. He then poured the water on the cloth and pressed it to the still bleeding spot on Thranduil's torso. The cloth, denser with water, slowed the blood down but only a little.

It seemed like forever until the healers came on horseback. "How is he?" One of them by name of Lorthein, asked.

"Alive," Tauriel said, "but not for much longer if you don't hurry to get him back!"

One of the other two healers dismounted his horse and lifted the king up Lorthein. "We will do our best," he told the young prince who was watching anxiously.

"Don't let him die," Legolas whispered as they rode off.

"Legolas, where are the other elves?" In the horror of what had happened, Legolas and Tauriel had completely forgotten about the other silvian elves. Tauriel had noticed that they were gone.

"What?"

The clearing was empty. Except for a quiver and bow lying by the thick trees. "Spiders. They must have taken them as revenge for the leader!" Tauriel gasped.

"We have to leave now!" Legolas ordered, "leave the weapons. Come on!"

Together they ran down the forest path, desperate to reach the castle before spiders reached them.