Chapter 10

Tauriel POV

Legolas seemed much happier the day after his father woke but Tauriel could sense it wasn't all over. Recovery from a wound of that graveness was not to be so easy to recover from in such a short time. 

The moon bloomed like a flower when she was called to the Kings chambers. Surprised and curious she went, Legolas with her.

"My lord," Tauriel said, offering a bow. "To what have you called us here for?"

"Tauriel, if I am not mistaken it was you who provided the cloth and the water to keep me alive whist the healers came?"

"Yes my lord."

"And I merely wished to thank you for it. You may leave."

"Yes my lord, thank you." With that she turned and walked from the room, Legolas following her.

"Well!" said Legolas.

"That went well. Not completely what I had thought it would be," Tauriel said and thankfully Legolas did not ask what she had expected.

"Shall we part now?" Legolas asked.

"Yes. I shall see you tomorrow." She kissed his cheek and hurried to her chambers, face burning.

As Tauriel lay in her chambers she prayed that nothing more would happen to Thranduil. Even though somewhere inside she knew something would and if might make Legolas the Elvenking.

Please don't...don't let anything else happen...I beg...