Chapter 16

Tauriel POV

It had not been more than a quarter hour or so since Legolas had found her sitting on her bed brushing her flaming hair and singing softly to her self. He had seemed elated, overjoyed.

"Tauriel!" He had cried. " Lord Elrond said he will recover! Would you like to see him?"

To this she had bowed her head. "If the king wishes to see me, I shall go."

"Come. He shall."

That is how she ended up in front of the door, the entrance to were the king was. For a strange reason she was nervous. Scared of seeing their strong King so weak from the injuries. But she opened the door very quietly.

"My Lord."

"Tauriel," his face was ashen and twisted in pain but his eyes held an alive but heavy look in their deep folds.

"How do you fare, my Lord?"

"I am well. Has there been more problems with the spider?"

Tauriel hesitated, reluctant to tell him that they seemed to be growing in size and strength, as well as intelligence and skill. "Nay, my lord."

"You lie." Softly said but echoing and powerful.

Tauriel opened her mouth to deny that but was cut off before she started to speak.

"They are an ongoing problem, are they not?"

She bowed her head. "Yes."

"Do not attempt to lie to me again."

"Yes, My Lord."

"Some thing else bothers you. What?" He seemed to ex ray her with cold, peircsing eyes, exactly like Legolas's in size, shape and color. But Legolas's were warmed with an inner fire.

"Nothing is wrong."

"I believe I told you not to lie," a pause were he seemed to be taking in her thoughts, watching her eyes, locking them, forcing her to speak. She could never fight off the cold vines of power that pulled her words from her lips. He could just make the elves speak, tell the truth. "Why are you so troubled?" His voice was a whisper almost.

"I am not." Her voice, on contest to Thranduil's was louder. Disgust rose like bile in her. He could not force her to speak. She turned to leave.

"Is it Legolas?"

She stopped, "why would you think that?"

"I do not ever remember you spending this little time with him, in the hundreds of years you have been friends."

"Everythings fine," it was obvious now things weren't, "I was merely concerned about him for during the time of you being ill, he hardly spoke, ate, drank or even left his chambers. Why would you wish to know?"

"If it involves my son, I will know about it. You may leave."

She bowed and walked to the door, closing it behind her as she left. He does not need to know what has happened, what bothers me.

She was troubled, the spiders, Legolas perhaps becoming a king, Legolas growing colder and solem, like his father. She could have told him everything, the King. Yet she fought off the desire to go back and let it all spill forth. The confusion bundled up in her chest, weighing on her lungs and making breathing hard.

The feelings stayed on her chest, spreading their darkness over her heart and mind.