Chapter 24

Legolas POV

Tauriel had come to him. Her face had been distressed and her eyes confused.

He told me he knew. About us. Her exact words.

At first Legolas had been shocked until it gradually dawned on him that they hadn't been careful enough. "It is alright," he had told her, "it is fine."

Since then it had been only days. Three, in fact. They hadn't spoken, nor even exchanged glances since and Legolas's heart felt like it was ripped from his body every time her heard her voice or saw her.

"Tauriel," he came up behind her, silent foot falls invisible in the sounds of the world, "we have not spoken for days. I cannot do this with you, play this game of silence. Speak to me."

"You're father," her voice was but a whisper as she turned slowly, "he knows and I doubt he approves."

"I do not care for what he approves of."

"I do."

A quieter, powerful voice unexpectedly spoke. "I would hope my own son would listen to what I say."

Legolas whirled. He had not heard the king enter and now he stood only feet from them. "Oh." He didn't know what to say.

Thranduil's cold blue eyes bore into his. A small, strange smile curving his lips. "Yes Legolas? Is there something you wish to say?"

"No father."

"Tauriel?" Thranduil turned his attention to her.

"No my lord." She dropped her gaze to the floor beneath her feet.

Thranduil moved the icy gaze between the two. "It is not that I do not fully disaprove, more that you Legolas, trying and failing to hide it from me."

Legolas did not speak he simply met the frosted eyes with his own warmer eyes and did not lower them.

"I shall leave now. Stay away from her Legolas."

And he swept from the room, gold robe swishing behind him.

"Legolas..?" Tauriel asked quietly, "are you alright?"

"I am fine." The tone was off, too forced.

"No you're not, you are worried if this came with the unknown price."

"I am worried." How could she always tell?

"Well I shall leave now. Another patrol?"

"Yes, quarter mile in, any signs of spiders and you come back out. Do not attempt to fight them unless you are forced to."

"Yes Legolas. Good bye for now."

Thoughts raced in his head, worry and confusion in his heart. Thranduil never said he fully didn't approve. So perhaps....It could work..?

She was in his mind, in his heart. Dancing in a forest of green. She was perfect in every way. In her smile, in her dance and song. A star fallen from the heavens and turned to an Elf.

A smile was tucked into his heart as he turned away from the direction she had left.

A/N: yes it's been awhile. Sorry. I have been busy here in high school so yeah plz forgive. Bye love u <3