Chapter 10: The ghostly boy

~Lula's POV~

I turned to look at Mark. I can't believe he did that for me. I felt my cheeks. They were wet from the tears that were rolling down my face. I can't believe he said he loved me, after everything. "I love you too, Mark. And I'm not just saying that." Mark grabbed my face. I was surprised he was able to do that. I heard that ghosts can't feel things or people, but he managed. As he grabbed my face, he pulled me in for a kiss. It wasn't just a peck or a full on make out session, it was sweet, slow and passionate kiss. I was aware that the people walking around would think crazy considering I'm practically kissing the air, but for now I didn't care. I was having a moment. But then it ended. It ended with a jerk coming out and wanting to say he was sorry and he didn't mean to use me, and play with my emotions, but he looked at me with comfusion plastered on his face. He had a blanket wrapped around his lower body."I thought you would have left already..." I turned slightly to Mark, who had a scowl on his face while he was looking at the guy. "Jesse whatever you want to say, say it now, because I won't be here any longer." My voice was cracking, and that was when I felt Mark's fingers enlace with mine. That made me fight back my tears. "That girl. That girl you saw, she was my girlfriend--"
"So you fucked me while you had a girlfriend?!" I interrupted.
"Look, this is what I'm trying to say, she said I can cheat on her with whoever considering, when she went to Paris, she and a guy got intimate... But turns out... She was testing me. I found this out just now." He seems like he was telling the truth, but I still didn't understand what he is trying to say. "So you are saying, you cheated on your girl because she said she cheated on you and allowed you to cheat on her for revenge?" He shook his head. "And you chose me? After everything I told you! You just made me feel worse!!" He stood silent. We all stood silent. The silence enveloped us for quite a bit. Until, a girl came out of his suite pushed him out of the way and stormed off, but not forget to shout out "fuck you". I looked back at Jesse, he looked hurt, but I wasn't falling for it. "Bye Jesse." I said and turned. I didn't look back.
As I turned the corner I found the girl Jesse cheated on. "So you're the girl he cheated on me with." It wasn't a question, more of a statement.
"Listen, I didn't know he had a gi---"
"Its fine don't worry about it. I new he was a jerk, and I wanted to break up with him, but I couldn't. Now I have a real reason. And also I was testing him if he would do it. And look I'm sorry, you were used to be cheated on. And I heard your conversation from the other side of the door. I bet something bad happened with you once, and he just made it worse on you. Its my fault he did that to you." She explained. "Its fine don't worry about it. I have his Sleeping with sirens shirt anyways." I said laughing, trying to lighten up the mood. "You like them?" She said excitedly. "Like? Try love!!! I've always wanted to go to one of their concerts bit my dad wouldn't let me... We don't talk...." Well I'm always a bummer. I try to lighten up the mood and then I darker it again... Way to go Lula.
"I see that that is a personal spot on you so I won't bother asking about it, but I will ask, what is your name?" "My name is Lula. Lula Johnson. And yours?"
"Mine is Lacey Cavanaugh. Say, are you the sister of Trent Johnson?"
"Uh, yeah I am. You know him?" "Yeah, kinda. I have to do a report on him for my journalism class. I was wondering if you would help me set up a interview with him."
I was confused. Why would she want to interview my brother? What could a 28 year old man do to get an interview with her.
"Uh, sure. But it would have to be next week. I'm on vacation right now with my aunt." I was still confused. "
Oh okay here is my number and just text me whenever you are available." She handed me her number and waved as she left. I was terribly confused. I just looked at the card in my hands. And then I noticed a cold breeze coming out on this warm sunny day. And then remembered I'm not alone. I turned to Mark, with confusion in my eyes.
"We should go back and see you're aunt. If she is at the suite."
Mark suggested. But I was thinking something different. I wanted to dye my hair. I hated how plain blonde it is. But then I remembered that maybe I should go to the hospital. And check on physical Mark.