Chapter 7

The two weeks went by quickly, and it was time for the sports festival.

(Y/N) had trained in class, and felt prepared enough to fight, but she hadn't quite prepared the amount of anxiety she'd get. She was shaking as she walked into Class 1-A's waiting room. Having overslept a bit, she got there a bit later than intended.

"Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!" Iida stated, startling (Y/N).

"Oh, there you are, Shadow. Took you long enough," Bakugo said, causing (Y/N) to sigh. She blushed a tad bit at the nickname. He had only recently started calling that and she wasn't quite used to it.

"Sorry. I was just running a bit late, but I'm here now."

After watching Todoroki declare war against Midoriya, the class began to make their way toward the stadium.

"It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage! The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attack with their hearts of steel! Presenting, Hero Course, Class 1-A!"

'Wow. What an introduction...'

'He's a little dramatic, ain't he?'

"There are so many people," (Y/N) mumbled as she unconsciously walked closer to Bakugo.

"It'll be fine. Honestly, I'm just getting way more into this," Bakugo smirked.

"Time for the player pledge!" Midnight announced, "Representing the students is Bakugo Katsuki from Class 1-A!"

Bakugo made his way to the center of the stage and a moment of silence settled into the arena, awaiting whatever pledge the boy would state.

"I pledge that I'll be number one."

(Y/N) sighed, facepalming in the process.

'This idiot...'

An uproar began as the other first-year classes began to yell in protest.

"Why are you doing something so disgraceful?" Iida asked, obviously annoyed at his choice of words.

"At least become a nice bouncy step for me to jump off of," Bakugo remarked before walking off stage.

"Now, let's get started right away. The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears here. Now, here is the fateful first game! This year it's an obstacle race!"

After explaining the game, Midnight said, "Now, take your places, everyone!"

Gathering in front of a tunnel, all of the first-year students waited for the green lights to turn off one by one. Once the last light turned off, Midnight's voice rang out into the arena, saying, "Start!"

As the students pushed and shoved, the entirety came to a realization.

'Even from the start, it is already the first sifting.'

'I can't wait to beat everyone.'

'Don't get overly cocky. We don't know if we'll win.'

Feeling a cold breeze coming from ahead of her, (Y/N) could only think of one person who had caused it. Todoroki was freezing many into place, but (Y/N) moved fast enough to those who were unmoving as stepping stones to make her way forward.

Ignoring the purple-haired classmate's screams as he was launched toward the back by a robot, (Y/N) made her way to the front of those who had stopped to look in fear at them.

'The first barrier...'

Todoroki froze the first few robots completely, causing them to lean on each other in an unstable position before falling on top of someone.