Chapter 20

The morning of the start of the training camp, (Y/N) received a gift from Bakugo's parents. "A phone?! I can't possibly accept this! Phones are so expensive and even to keep them active is just ungodly pricy! I can't have you guys paying for that!" (Y/N) said as soon as she opened the box.

"It's not a choice. If you're going to be living with us, we need a way for us to communicate with each other," Masaru said.

"But-"

"No buts, young lady."

Sighing, (Y/N) nodded as she pulled out the phone and examined it. It was a new model, one that had a touch screen. (Y/N) had seen them before, but she was still fascinated by the mobile device in her hands. Her father only ever owned a flip phone so she was never able to toy around with a touch screen.

"We've already added our numbers along with Katsuki's. It was his idea to get you one so might as well add his number," Mitsuki smirked at her son, who glared daggers at his mother. "Thank you so much!"

"I'm glad you like it. Gather your things so we can drop you off at school for the summer camp. It's getting late," Mitsuki said. "On it!" The two rushed off to get their bags and soon enough they were at the school.

"Bye, Mitsuki! Bye, Masaru! We'll see you in a week!"

"Bye, sweetie!" Just as they stepped out of the car, Mr. Aizawa began to take role, and once everyone was accounted for, he said the following.

"U.A. High has finished its first semester and started summer vacation. However, those of you wanting to be heroes will not receive days of rest. At this summer training camp, we'll have you to even greater heights— for 'Plus Ultra'."

"Yes, sir!" The class chanted in unison.

"(Y/N), I was scared you weren't gonna make it!" Ashido jumped for joy upon spotting her.

"Sorry, we ran a bit late since the Bakugo's got me a gift. I didn't want to take it but they kind of forced me to," (Y/N) explained.

"A gift? What kind of gift?" Ashido asked curiously.

"I'll show you on the bus." Just as those words left her lips, Iida began to wave his hands around, directing the students to begin loading the bus. The chatter never seized as the students boarded the bus, each of the students sitting with their assigned seatmates.

"So, what's the gift?" Ashido asked eagerly. Sighing with a smile, (Y/N) pulled out the mobile device from her pocket.

"No way! You got a phone? That's awesome, (Y/N)!" Ashido said as she examined it.

"I know! I'm going to finally be able to communicate with you and the rest of our class!" (Y/N) said before she frowned. "It'll take forever to get everyone's number, though."

"Give me your number. I'll add you to the class group chat. That way it'll be easier."

"Oh, okay."

After exchanging numbers, (Y/N) was added to the group chat, and the sound of everyone's phones pinging and vibrating filled the bus, causing everyone to pull out their phones. As the bus began to murmur about who the new number could be, Kirishima turned toward Mina who was sitting behind him.

"Um, Mina. Who did you add to the group chat?" He asked.

Bakugo, who was sitting right next to the redhead, growled. He had hoped he would be the only one who had the girl's number at least for a little while, but Ashido really had to ruin his plans.  "It's (Y/N), you idiot!" Bakugo scolded.

As soon as those words left his mouth, the entire class began to shout in excitement. They quick sent messages in the group chat and welcomed her there, some of them even privately messaging her so she would know who was who. One of those people was Midoriya.