Chapter 10

Running to school as it lightly drizzled, (Y/N) tried to best to keep out of the rain. She didn't own an umbrella so she knew she wouldn't get out of it dry as a bone.

When (Y/N) arrived at her school, she dried herself off a bit in the restroom with paper towels before she headed to class.

Once she entered the classroom, she heard her classmates chattering about the sports festival and the publicity that the event gave them. (Y/N) herself hadn't bumped into anyone on her way to school but she could understand how people would react to seeing them in person.

Upon being noticed, the class president and vice president came up to her.

"(L/N), you're soaked. You should've brought an umbrella!" Iida scolded.

"Sorry. I didn't check the weather forecast before heading here and it started to rain about halfway through my walk so I got pretty soaked," (Y/N) said.

She hoped it wouldn't tip him off about her situation. It hadn't been long since it started raining so her story seemed likely.

"Would you like something to dry yourself off with? Like a towel?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you, though," (Y/N) stated and headed toward her seat.

As soon as she had sat, the door opened, causing the classroom to become silent.

"Morning," Aizawa greeted.

"Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad," Asui commented.

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment," Aizawa brushed off. "More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class. Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names today."

The class quickly rejoiced, but their excitement was shut down a bit as Aizawa activated his quirk. Once everyone was sitting straight and remained quiet, he spoke up.

"This is related to the pro hero draft pick I mentioned the other day. The draft begins in earnest in the second and third years after students have gained experience and can become assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often canceled it that interest dies down by graduation," Mr. Aizawa explained.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure asked.

"That's right. Here are the totals of those offers," he said as the results popped up behind him.

Todoroki: 4123
Bakugo: 3556
(L/N): 2889
Tokoyami: 360
Iida: 301
Kaminari: 272
Yaoyorozu: 108
Kirishima: 68
Uraraka: 20
Sero: 14

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year."

'Top three? Not bad, but we really could've been first if we had beaten Katsuki.'

'I already told you. I did it so you wouldn't go into hibernation. The last time was two weeks!'

'Yeah, but we've gotten stronger. I bet it would've been shorter this time!'

'I wasn't about to risk it.'

"Gah, there's such a difference!" Kaminari said.

"Those pros don't know a good thing when they see one!" Aoyama complained.

"Todoroki's first and Bakugo's second?" Jiro questioned.

"It's the opposite of their placement in the sports festival," Kirishima said.