008: Final Farewell

Norman POV

I heard the familiar voices of the ever-energetic Don and Conny together.

"Come and get me Norman! We'll outrun you this time for sure!" Don firmly placed his hands on his hips. I stared at him through the bushes, admiring his outgoing personality. "Right, Conny!"

A little girl with blonde hair in pigtails was holding a pale stuffed bunny in her arms. "Thank you for always helping me, Don!"

"You don't have to thank me!" Don marched over to her expressively, leaning forward. "I'll always help you! Any time, anywhere you're in need!"

Conny pressed her finger to her mouth, signalling him to quiet down. Don calmed his hands over his mouth before turning around to see the footprints I left behind to distract them.

"Based on the size of these shoe's footsteps..." Don examined them as I approached them from behind.

"They're Norman's."

I practically jumped as I saw Kaburamaru slither and poke it's head out from the leaves. Obanai was in the tree and I mentally groaned at this.

Obanai and his friends knew that I suffered in the physical department as I lacked in strength and activity. Everyone knew that I had trouble climbing up trees and everything.

"You let your guard down, Norman!" Don laughed before I tapped him on the shoulder, which made him stumble and almost fall over.

I stared up at the tree again before looking at him happily. Obanai already retreated and disappeared which was an issue since I could've tagged him...

"Don, you always let your guard down," I approached his frozen body while Conny's sapphire eyes followed my steps. "Don't I always tell you? Your weakness is that you make quick judgement and lose your cool."

I dashed off, knowing that Obanai couldn't have gone far. Those eleven were hard to tag since their motor skills were on a completely different level than Emma's!

The only survivors now are...

Emma, Y/n, Nezuko, Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Muichiro, Mitsuri, Shinobu, Giyuu, Obanai and Rengoku!

That was a giant handful to catch in the last few minutes remaining. I at least have to get Emma since she was the easiest out of the twelve. Then Muichiro because he'd probably be staring at the sky somewhere, his head up in the clouds. Mitsuri and Obanai would be together – they always were – Shinobu and Giyuu would probably be bickering and teasing each other...

I turned to my left and smiled at Emma who was surprised I had caught up to her easily. This was our one-on-one battle. She increased her speed as I followed behind her. We approached the giant ravine which I knew I couldn't jump over.

Emma approached the edge before bending down and launching herself over the gap, running off into the bush without looking back. I edged closer to the rocks and watched with intrigue before turning around and running through the path that'd lead to the other side. As I balanced on the log, I noticed a familiar, teal-eyed boy sitting on a rock, gazing at the clouds. I approached Muichiro before tapping him kindly on the shoulder, telling him he had been tagged.

"Oh..." Muichiro nonchalantly replied, blinking before rising from the rock and turning to me.

"Muichiro... your weakness is that you're prone to daydreaming easily!" I laughed after giving him his feedback while he just nodded along.

"What shape is that cloud?" he pointed to the one in the middle of the sky which looked vaguely like Little Bunny.

"It's the shape of Conny's Little Bunny!" I patted his shoulder. "You should head up now. I've got to find Emma."