Chapter 20

Chloe got all her homework done on Friday around ten p.m. She went to bed right away after that since tomorrow would be a busy day.

Chloe woke up at a loud buzzing Saturday morning, she rolled over and bed and pressed down on the top of her alarm clock, making the annoying buzzing stop. Chloe rolled out of bed and grabbed a towel and a cute outfit then walked to the bathroom, starting to get ready for the day.

About thirty minutes later Chloe walked down the stairs and sat down on a stool in the kitchen where Christi was making breakfast.

"Hey mom." Chloe said, putting a smile on her face. Christi turned around and looked at her daughter, a smile appearing on her face. "Hey Chloe." She said before turning around back towards the stove and flipping a pancake that was cooking over in the pan.

"Are you excited for today?" Christi asked, making quick little glances at her daughter.

"Yeah, how can I not be?" Chloe asked letting out a little laugh.

"Well once we eat breakfast and we can go start the running for the day." Christi said before turning around and flipping a pancake once more. Chloe nodded, and got up from where she was sitting going over to one of the kitchen cabinets and pulling out a glass. She then walked over to the refrigerator and pull out a gallon of orange juice. Chloe poured herself a glass before putting the cap back on the orange juice and putting it back in the refrigerator. 

She walked back over to the stool she was sitting on and sat back down. Five minutes later Christi sat down a plate with two pancakes on it and al bottle of syrup to the side.

"Thanks." Chloe said. Christi was taking anther pancake off the pan and putting it on a plate for Clara. Chloe loved Saturday morning breakfast she always got to see all her family, except for today because her dad was away on business still. 

An hour later Christi, Chloe and Clara were leaving their house and going to get Chloe's nails done. Chloe was going to have them done with a light purple nail polish. It was now 2:30 and the prom began at 7:30. Nick was going to come to Chloe’s house for pictures and then Christi would take them both to the prom. On the way to the nail place, Chloe played Temple Run 2 on her iPhone while Christi drove and Clara sat in the back watching The Little Mermaid. 

"Do you know if Nick is getting you a corsage, Chlo?" Christi asked.

"I'm not sure. Let me text him and ask." Chloe said, closing the app for Temple Run 2 and opening up her contacts and scrolling down to Nick's name. 

"Hey, my mom wanted to know if you get a corsage for me? :)"  Chloe sent the message and waited for Nick to reply. Five minutes later her phone buzzed, it was a text from Nick.

"Of course I got you a corsage. It matches your dress. :)"  The message read. Chloe smiled and locked her phone.

"Yeah, it matches my dress." Chleo answered Christi's previous question. Christi nodded nad pulled into the nail place. Christi got Clara out of the back and Chleo jumped out of the front seat. They walked in and got Chloe's nails done and then all they had to do was get Chloe's hair done. 

Christ, Chloe and Clara spent the rest of the day running getting Chloe ready for the prom. At six that evening they were finally all back at Chloe's house. Nick was going to show up at 6:30 so Chloe had just enough time to put her earrings in and put her dress and shoes on. 

Fifteen minutes later Chloe walked down the stairs and Christi got tears in her eyes. "You look so beautiful, Chloe." Christi said going up to her daughter and giving her a hug. Chloe pulled away a few minutes later and Christi began taking pictures of just Chloe. A few minutes later the doorbell rang. Christi walked over and opened the door to reveal Nick in a tuxedo with a light purple tie that matched Chloe's makeup, nails, and dress. 

When Nick saw Chloe he almost passed out, she looked absolutely gorgeous and amazing to him. He walked over to her and gave her a hug and a light kiss on the cheek, after whispering in her ear. "You look beautiful." Chloe pulled away and blushed. Christi put the camera up in front of her and was about to go on a crazy picture taking adventure. Nick pulled a corsage the matched Chloe's dress perfectly; he pulled it out of its container and put it around Chloe's wrist. Christi took about a thousand more pictures of them before driving them to the Abby Lee Dance Company. 

Once they got their Nick got out and helped Chloe out of the car. When all the girls saw them they screamed and ran over to Nick and Chloe.

"I love your dress Chloe!" Maddie said, giving Chloe a hug.

"Thanks." Chloe responded. Nick and Chloe talked to all the other dancers almost all the way till the end of the prom. Till the final slow dance came on, it just so happened to be there duet song. 

"Would you care to dance?" Nick asked Chloe.

"I would love to." She responded, letting Nick take her hand and lead her to the dance floor where everyone else was slow dancing. Nick pt his arms around Chloe's waist and she put her arms around his neck. Nick pulled her close and Chloe rested her head on his chest. The two looked like the perfect couple both slow dancing and smiling, and looking into each other's eyes under the soft cascading lights that shined down on them. 

"Chloe?" Nick whispered, in her ear.

"Yeah?" Chloe asked, picking her head up off his chest and looking in his eyes, they were shining a light green and looked beautiful under the lights. "I have something to give you." Nick whispered, pulling back and reaching into the pocket on his tuxedo, he pulled out a silver necklace, in the shape of a heart. He turned Chloe around and fastened it around her neck. 

Chloe looked down at the necklace and smiled. She leaned up on her tippy toes in her heels. Even though she was wearing heels, Nick was still about eight inches taller than her. She took a deep breath and then lightly pressed her lips to his for a short moment. Nick returned the kiss then pulled away, to see Chloe smiling.

"What was that for? He asked her.

"For always being there for me and for being an amazing friend." Chloe said, smiling. Nick opened his arms up again and Chloe walked into them putting her arms around his neck again. Nick loved when Chloe was in his arms, when she was in his arms he knew that she was safe and that he could protect her. Chloe loved being in Nick's arms because she knew that she was always safe, that he wouldn't let anything happen to her, and that he truely loved her.

"The necklace that Nick gave Chloe is the one shown on the sidebar and it says, "A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart. Also this is the final chapter of In Your Arms. I will have a new story up soon and thank you to everyone who read and voted for In Your Arms! :)"