Chapter 15

Everyday of the week of the competition, there was always rehearsal for four to five hours. All the kids were getting tired and no one could blame them, dancing for four to five hours every day after school, that shows dedication. Each day all the girls would practice their dances.

Friday night came and the girls were finally dismissed, Chloe had asked Paige to sleep over at her house that night, and Paige agreed. Both of the girls still had to pack for the competition so before heading to dance, for the final time before the competition Paige threw a good amount of what she guessed would be helpful for the competition in a book bag that she would take to Chloe's with her after they finished dance.

Chloe and Paige were the only ones still in the dancers den, Paige had to wait for Chloe since Abby wanted to talk to Chloe before she left. A few minutes later Chloe walked out of studio A, changed her shoes and then was ready to leave. Paige, Chloe, and Christi walked out to the car. The girls were in front laughing, and Christi was behind them silently chuckling to herself about how silly the girls were.

A half hour later, Christi pulled the car into her driveway. Chloe and Paige jumped out and ran inside, straight up to Chloe's bedroom. When they got in Chloe's room, Chloe shut the door behind her. She walked over to her closet and pulled out her suitcase and sat it on her bed.

"Okay, so I should probably start packing." Chloe mumbled to herself. She decided to start looking through her closet for outfits that she would take to the competition with her.

"What kind of clothes did you pack Paige?" Paige looked up from her phone where she was playing Temple Run 2. "I packed a little bit of everything, because New York can be both warm and cold during September." Paige answered. Chloe nodded add turned back around, facing her closet once more.

 Chloe pulled out a mint clearwater colorblock dress and brown gladiator sandals to go with the dress. She also pulled out a pair of yoga pants and pink under armour hoodie to go with it. She threw in her Nike tennis shoes to wear with that outfit. About thirty minutes later all her clothes were packed, along with a couple of bra tops and dance shorts in case Abby would want to do a last minute rehearsal. Chloe packed her brush, shampoo and conditioner, and about everything else she would need.

"Well, it's not ten yet. So what do you want to do?" Chloe asked Paige, looking at the clock.

"Umm, how about we go down to the basement and play Just Dance 4?" Paige asked.

"Sure." Chloe responded, slipping on Nick's hoodie he had given her the night, she stayed at his house. She needed to give it back to him at the competition tomorrow.

"Isn't that Nick's hoodie?" Paige asked, looking at the hoodie, then up at Chloe's face.

"Yeah.." Chloe said, feeling a scarlet blush creep up on her cheeks and the back of her neck. "He gave it to me the night I spent the night at his house because Clara was sick." Chloe answered, already seeing the confusion cross Paige's face. Paige nodded, and continued following Chloe down the basement, where the Wii was hooked up.

"So...Does someone have a crush?" Paige asked Chloe with a hint of teasing in her voice.

"No!" Chloe answered far too quickly to be believable. "Well...maybe just a little." Chloe whispered so quietly Paige could barely hear her, from where she was standing beside her.

"That's what I thought." Paige said, with a smile on her face letting out a little laugh. Paige had more questions to ask Chloe, but decided to let the topic go for the sake of Chloe falling asleep that night. Paige knew that when someone wouldn't let an uncomfortable topic go that involved Chloe, she wouldn't sleep the whole night; she would lie in her bed, looking up at the ceiling and thinking of the conversation.

For a good hour Chloe and Paige played Just Dance 4 until Christi walked down the stairs and told them that it was time for them to go to bed since they would be getting up early the next day. Chloe and Paige shut off the Wii and followed Christi up the stairs. They changed into their pajamas, brushed their teeth, then climbed into bed and went to sleep.

At six a.m. the next morning Christi knocked on Chloe's door, telling them that it was time to get up. Chloe threw on a pair of dark wash jeans and her black Ugg boots and then threw Nick's hoodie over top of her shirt, so she wouldn't forget it.

Everyone sat down and had breakfast then at 7:30 it was time for the girls to leave and get to the Abby Lee Dance Company to catch the bus they would be taking to the competition. They got to the studio in about twenty minutes. They got out of the car, threw their suitcases in the under compartment of the bus and then got on and took their seats. Everyone showed up eventually and then the next thing they knew they were on their way to the dance competition.