Chapter 6

(Dipper pov)

I sit on a log taking a small break, having been going through these woods for hours. I lost the crutches a while ago when then got stuck in muc so I've mostly been crawling or hopping on one foot. Either way both my feet are covered in mud and my clothes are filthy. It looks like I'm Pigpen's cousin from the Charlie Brown comics.

"Town has got to be close by now. I go there, find someone to take me to a hospital or police station. Then give them Bill's description so they can arrest that crazy asshole."

I look up at the sky seeing it's already darkening. Soon I won't be able to see where I'm even going.

Getting up I use nearby trees to keep my balance, unable to even put any weight on my one ankle anymore. If I had to guess, I would say that it probably broke when I dropped off his roof.

I fall down feeling a tearing pain in my leg. Sitting up I look at my leg seeing I tripped over some barbed wire that has bells attatched to it. The barbed wire is connected to some posts and the height it was at is like it was meant to warn someone. The part I tripped over is all tangled around my leg. Everytime I try to move my leg, the barbed wire only digs into my leg worse making the bells ring and it doesn't help that I'm wearing shorts.

Hearing footsteps I glance up. I listen carefully and I can hear someone's footsteps getting closer fast.

Feeling panic rising in my chest I get the barbed wire off my leg, my hands getting cut up in the process. I scoot back in fear and only realize that there's a hill behind me too late. I tumble down the hill unable to stop the scream from escaping my lips.

I roll painfully into a large mud puddle at the bottom of the hill, coughing as some mud went down my throat. Looking back up at the top of the hill I see the beam of a flashlight. Knowing it's him I hurridly start crawling away from there as fast as I can.

I hide behind a tree hearing his footsteps getting closer again and seeing his light beam shining around looking for me. "Come on out, Pinetree. I'm not mad, I promise. Just come out so we can go home and talk about this......Dipper come on. It's dark and cold. The weather said it's going to rain more tonight so just come out now. If you're out here when it rains, you'll get cold and sick. Without proper medicine you will die."

I hear his footsteps fade until they're gotn altogether so I peek around the tree seeing no sign of him. I'm about to let out a sigh of relief until I feel his hands grab me pulling me up against his chest as he stands up.

"No no no! Let me go let me the fuck go you fucker!" I kick as I struggle trying to get away from him, clawing at his arms.

"Just stop struggling for one minute already!"

"Get your hands off of me!" I scratch at his face and he cries out in pain as he lets go of me. I hit the ground hearing what sounds like car horns realizing that I must be close to a road now.

Fratically I scramble up to my feet and as fast as I can I get away from him still not able to use my right foot. I finally get to the railing right by the highway. I see a car coming my way so I wave my arm frantically trying to get it's attention. It's almost close enough to see me when a hand clamps over my mouth the other around my waist lifting me off my feet and carrying me back into the woods.

I kick and struggle, once again trying to scream for help, unable to give up knowing I was so close to freedom. I bite down on his hand hard feeling warm blood enter my mouth and I hear him scream in pain before he lets me go once again.

"You fucking son of a bitch!"

Hurridly getting onto my hands and knees I try to crawl away but he just grabs the back of my shorts pulling me back. He flips me on my back and sits himself on my waist.

"Get off of me! Get away!" I try to hit him away but he just firmly grabs both of my wrists pinning them down against the ground.

"That is enough, Dipper. It's enough. Listen to me. You are hurt, you are covered in mud and cold. I can see you shivering and your lips are blue. Please just stop struggling and let me help you."

I shake my head no feeling tears slowly going down my cheeks. "No no no....p-please let me go....please...."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I can't explain it I just can't. You just have to trust me."

"Trust you? You lied to me and kidnapped me! You won't even take me to a hospital! How the fuck could I ever trust you?!"

"...I....Dipper as soon as you can walk without crutches then I will drop you off at the hospital, that is my promise. Now I need you to stop fighting me so I can get you back to the house and take care of your injuries."

He gets off me and picks me up bridal style, for once I don't fight him, hugging my arms to myself shivering as I rest my head against his chest.