Chapter 8

(Dipper pov)

I sit on the couch absendmindedly flipping through tv channels, dark bags under my eyes as the rain pounds against the windows. I jump slightly hearing thunder boom as I hug my knees to my chest, having an irrational fear of thunderstorms.

"What you doing up kid?" I look over my shoulder seeing Stan coming down the stairs, pulling on a bathrobe.

"I couldn't sleep. The storm woke me up."

He sits in his arm chair next to the couch. "So what we watching tonight?"

"Some show about a ghost turtle. It's really just a turtle with a sheet put over it. Why are all the movies in this town so bad?"

"It's a small town. Can't expect anyone to have enough money to make any decent movies........you still having nightmares of him?"

"It's been 5 years now.....I don't get why these things keep happening. Wendy doesn't get nightmares about it."

"Wendy was 15 and Bill didn't target her specifically. You were only 12 and that psycho hunted you and your sister relentlessly. You can't expect things like that to just go away over night."

"I guess so....."

.................................................

I wake up hearing grease sizzling in the kitchen, guessing that Bill was up and cooking breakfast already. I sit up grabbing the tv remote and turn on the tv, it being another news broadcast about the bus crash.

The remote gets taken out of my hand switched to a movie where there is a ghost turtle, but just like my dream the effects are horrible and it's easy to see that it's just a turtle with a sheet covering.

"I hate the news. It's so fucking boring." I look up seeing Bill standing there, holding a tray that had a plate with eggs and bacon on it. I sit up as he puts the plate in my lap. "Did you sleep good?"

"I think I had another memory."

"What was it about this time?" He sits on the arm of the couch.

"I was in a house I think, it was dark and raining outside. I was watching a movie, just like this one when an old man wearing glasses came into the room wearing a bathrobe. He figured out that I was awake from bad dreams. He.....He said your name, said that you were a psycho who had tormented me since I was 12. Said you even targeted me. What was he talking about? He looked like one of the people I've seen on the news talking about me being gone."

"Look, there is a lot of history with us but if I explain it now then it'll only confuse you even more if I try to explain it now."

"Then when can you explain it? I'm getting really tired of all the secrecy. You keep saying you will tell me things later but you still don't tell me jack shit."

"I will, I promise, Pinetree. I just think it's best to wait-"

"Wait for what?"

"Well you seem to be remembering things in your dreams, so I think for now it's best to wait until you remember more before I try to explain things."

"Does my family know you?"

"Yes they do. And before you ask no they do not like me either."

"Why? What did you do to make it so my entire family hates you so bad?"

"It is a very long and complicated story."

"Can you at least give me the short version?" I hear him sigh in defeat.

"Fine. I lied to one of your great uncles about something a long time ago. He has hated me ever since. "

"What did you do to me that made me scared to even hear your name?"

"That is something that can only be explained once you remember more."

He pushes my bangs up leaving a small kiss on my forehead before leaving the room.