Chapter 7

(Dipper pov)

He puts me in the passenger seat of his car, reaching into the backseat he takes out a blanket putting the blanket over my shoulders before shutting the car door and gets in the driver's seat.

He puts the heat on full blast before he starts driving, taking what I presume are back roads heading towards his house again.

"....y-you aren't going to yell at me or anything like that? Aren't you pissed with me for trying to leave?"

"I'm not pissed. I am angry but yelling at you won't do anyone any good so there isn't really a point."

"So what now?"

"Now our best option is to get you home, get you cleaned up and fix your ankle. Guessing from the broken window that you jumped off the first floor roof."

"I didn't jump. I just dangled and dropped."

"And I am going to assume that your ankle is probably broken. So we are going to get you washed up and then I will fix your ankle. Really wish that you didn't break the window though. I can't really afford to fix that at the moment."

"I just needed to try and leave....I...."

"Don't apologize. It's fine. I'll just use tape and plastic to keep it covered until I can afford to get it repaired."

I say nothing as I rest my head on the window, any hope I had at leaving is gone. I know that I am never going to be able to get away from him again. But at the same time I don't really know if I want to.

I nearly got away, broke his window, scratched and bit him yet he isn't pissed at me in the slightest. I thought for sure that if he found me again he would yell at me, scream even, and hurt me as a way to make it so I could never get away from him again. But he hasn't done any of that. The only time he hurt me was when he grabbed my wrist yesterday and even then he didn't truly mean to hurt me at all.

He pulls into his driveway and shuts the car off pocketing the keys. He gets out opening my car door and picks me up bridal style. He carries me into the house managing to open the door on his own, closing the door with his foot.

He carries me into the downstairs bathroom setting me down on the toilet lid before putting the plug in the bathroom drain and starts filling up the tub.

"I can't take a bath. I don't want you to see me like that."

"You mean naked? You do know that I bathed you when you were knocked out right?"

"That was different, wasn't it?"

"You're right, it was. I didn't fully undress you and I simply just washed you down with a sponge while you were laying in bed. How about this? You can keep the shorts on and I'll just put a towel for wherever you sit. That work for you?"

"Yeah that works."

He takes the hoodie off of me and puts it in the hamper next to the door. He picks me up again setting me in the tub, before turning the water off once it's high enough. He gets a washcloth wetting it and putting soap on it he washes all the dirt and mud off of me, being gentle with everything he does.

Once all the mud is washed off he drains the water helping me out of the tub making sure my bad ankle doesns't handle any of my weight. Grabbing a towel he helps me to the living room laying the towel on the couch he has me lay on the couch, my ankle propped up with a pillow.

He leaves to the kitchen and comes back with two rulers and a roll of gauze.

He kneels by my ankle. "This is going to hurt." Without warning he jerks my ankle back into place making me cry out in pain then tightly wraps the gauze around my ankle and the rulers. "Since it will be too much of a hassle for you to get up and down the stairs with your ankle like this, and because of your broken window, you can just stay down here from now on." He goes to the closet grabbing a pillow and some blankets then hands them to me.

"What if I need to use the bathroom or something?"

"Then yell for me. I will be right upstairs and I am a very light sleeper." He goes over to the lamp clicking it off. "Goodnight, Dipper." I hear his footsteps fade up the stairs and a bedroom door shut.

I set the pillow behind my head and unfold the blanket making sure it covers my feet before I lay back onto the pillow and fall asleep.