Chapter 10

(Dipper pov)

I sit in the passenger seat of his car as he drives me into town, all the buildings looking unknown. "Any of this feeling familiar yet?"

"No. I live in this town?"

"Sort of. You and your sister would come here only for the summer and stay with your great uncles. Although they don't really live in town, they live in a tourist trap out of town."

"Anothe house in the middle of the woods?"

"They don't live as deep in the woods as I do so don't worry."

He pulls up behind the hospital where some ambulances are parked. "If you wait out there, someone will eventually realize you're there and bring you inside. You'll get the help you need."

"....will I ever see you again?"

"You will see me as much or as little as you would like." I open the passenger door getting out of the car. "Don't forget this." He holds out my hat. I take it from him putting it on my head. "Take care, Pinetree." I shut the car door and he waves before driving away.

Just like he said a few minutes later just like he said someone comes out and sees me there. "Hey, kid you can't be here." I turn and see the doctor, vaguely recognizing him. I think I've seen him on the news a few times.

"I...I think I need help...." I nervously scratch at the bandage around my arm.

I see the guy look at the bandage wrapped around my ankle before he leads me into the hospital and has be sit on a bed in the emergency room. "Do you have a name? Anyone we can call?"

"Dipper.....I think my name is Dipper Pines...."

"Just sit tight and we'll have someone here to take care of you in a sec."

I sit there biting at my thumbnail as I wait for what feels like hours when I know really it is probably only a few minutes.

"Dipper?"

I look up hearing my name and see an old man in a trench coat, recognizing him from tv. He was always pleading for my safe return. I can't remember what his name is though. He rushes over to me and hugs me tightly. This feels weird considering I have zero memories of him at all.

He holds my shoulders as he looks at me. "Where on earth have you been? What happened to you?"

"I....I don't know.....I don't remember anything....."

"You remember nothing from the crash?"

"I don't remember anything from before the crash. I don't remember anything at all."

"Nothing?" He grabs my arm intently looking at the bandage. "What happened to you?"

"It's nothing. Just injuries from the crash I think."

"Where were you?"

"A man took care of me then he dropped me off here."

"And your memory is all just gone?"

"I'm sorry....."

.........................................................

He parks outside an old building, big letters on the roof saying 'Mystery Shack'. I get out of the car looking up at the building. "What exactly is it?"

"It was my house, I had it built out here for peace and quiet. But during some time away your great uncle Stan turned it into a tourist trap."

"Are any of the attractions real?"

"No not in the slightest. This place trigger any memories at all?"

"It looks familiar and the name is familiar."

"Come in and I will take you to your room."

I follow him inside and he leads me upstairs to the attic, opening the door and showing me the room. There are two beds in here and two dressers but there is zero personality in this room.

"You and your sister have shared this room since you both were 12."

"We've slept in the same room for 7 years?"

"Because of the house being turned into a tourist trap that includes a gift shop, the actual living area is quite small. I have to go call Stanley but just let me know if you need anything, Dipper."

He walks out and I hear him go back downstairs. I go to the door quietly closing it before walking over to the bed on the left side of the room and sitting down on it.

The doctors at the hospital gave me a clean bill of health so everything Bill did to take care of me actually worked. As far as the police know, I have no clue where I was for the past few months and never got a good enough look at the man taking care of me.

I lay back on the bed running a hand through my hair. "This is my life.....so why doesn't it feel like it's mine?"