Chapter three

After the mass Attack my sister created, things started to get a little out of hand... Until my father stepped out of the carriage, and tamed the wild horse down. It was pretty funny. So, now that my sister and father are inside, I step out. The guards look at me worried, but I just say,
" Don't worry, I don't bite. My sister has been looking foreword to this day!"
I walk inside, and Lord Thranduil greets me
" Lady Ariana, how are you?"
" Fine, thank you. I'm not as hyper as my sister. "
" Yes, I'm sure you and your sister will have a great time. My son Legolas went out into the forest today, and he said he met a maid, with attitude. Can you believe it? A maid with attitude is someone everyone should look out for. Who knows, they might just smack you in the head with a rolling pin, or frying pan if they are mad at you!" He lets out a laugh. I crack a smile. If only both of them knew it was me.
I walk to the center of the room. A line of tables is pushed against the walls. Food, and all sorts of wine are set on top. I know I won't touch the wine. Mirkwood is known for their wine. I pile my plate with slices of pumpkin pie. How it got there, I don't know. But I do know, it was DELICIOUS !
I make my way to the corner of the room, where I can't be seen. I'm not the worlds greatest dancer, and I would not want to make a fool of myself. Arwen is waltzing with a complete stranger. The nerve of that girl. Either she is drunk, or she is just enjoying herself. She sees me, and smiles a lopsided grin. I fake a smile back. A hard tap on my shoulder shakes me out of my thoughts.
" Would you liiiiikke to daaaaance with mee?" A drunk ellon staggers up towards me.
" No thank you. I am waiting for someone, " I lie quickly.
" Pleeease? Only one dance, and I'll let you go...." He seems very unsure of himself. Of course, he's drunk.
" No." I say, " I will not dance with you."
" But you have to" he growls low, and pushes me against the wall, cutting off any space. I won't be able to escape. My heart beat starts to quicken.
" Get away from me, you horrid creature!" He then slaps my face. Hard. I shriek out, and touch my face.
Then a new voice speaks. One that is familiar. " If you touch her again, with your filthy hands, I will personally ensure that your head is cut off your filthy shoulders." Then I turn to see Legolas?
I feel the man's grip loosen on my shoulder. Legolas pushes him away from me. Then he reaches out, and takes my hand. " I thought I wouldn't see you here today. Did you bring the tarts?"
I chuckle a little, and say, " I never made the tarts, and I am no maid. I am Princess Ariana, daughter of Lord Elrond, King of Rivendell."
Legolas turns a deep red, before saying, " My Lady, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me for thinking of you as a maid!"
I laugh so hard. Legolas is scared of me right now!" Don't call me Lady. Call me Ariana. And, you don't have to worry, Prince Legolas, I won't execute you...it's not like I have the authority to anyways..besides your father said some funny things..so I forgive you."
Legolas gets even redder. " What did he say?"
" Oh you won't believe." I imitate Lord Thranduil's voice, " My son Legolas went in the forest today, and said he met a maid with attitude. Can you believe it? A maid with attitude? A maid with attitude is someone you should look out for. Who knows, they could hit you on the head with a rolling pin, or frying pan if you made them mad!" Legolas and I take a good look at each other. We start to tremble, then burst out laughing. I gasp for breath.
" My father is not always this funny, you were lucky to be there. " Legolas chuckles.
" My father starts to make jokes, but they are cut off by our cook! Every single time!" I burst out
All of a sudden, a sudden snore makes Legolas and I jump. We erupt in fits of laughter, as we see a highly alchohol affected man, falls out of his chair. He is snoring loudly, and everyone is too busy dancing to notice. But Legolas and I are not occupied, and we hear the man, and see him.
" Come on," Legolas says " the music is starting to affect some people, like you said. Let's go outside to the gardens. "
" Okay," I say, " anywhere away from the boring, baby, lullabies."