Prologue

I snuggle my head further into the pillow, the wool of the blanket soft against my hands and the glare of the tv burning my eyes.

Tony Stark steps up into the podium and all the interviewers start yelling. A smile creeps onto my face because I know my favourite part is about to happen.

The blonde haired interviewer asks him stupid questions and I internally roll my eyes, how could anyone disrespect Tony Stark like that?

"The truth is," my breath catches in my throat and excitement bubbles in my chest. "I am Iron- CRUNCH."

All the interviewers jump to their feet and start to yell. I look down to brown haired girl sitting on my floor, munching on a huge bag of Cheetos and smacking her lips.

"Dude," I shake my head, huffing out a disappointing sigh.

She lifts her head with the most clueless expression. Her brows furrow, she looks between me and her bag of Cheetos, then points them in my direction. "Want some?" She says with a full mouth.

I grab the bag from her and rummage my hand inside only to find it empty. I look back at her, "That's low," I throw the bag back at her. "Real low."

Monet laughs and whips her mouth on the sleeve of her once white hoodie. I snuggle back into my blanket and focus back on the tv.

Parker.

"Yeah." I look down to Monet who's opening a tube of barbecue Pringles.

"Huh?" She doesn't even glance to me before shoving 3 Pringles in her mouth.

"You said my name."

She shakes her head and shrugs me off. I must of imagined it then, I'm about to put my head back on my pillow when one of the picture frames on the wall fall to the ground making Monet let out a puppy-like yelp.

I can't help but chuckle until she shoves my leg, "the nail must have been loose." I throw the blanket off me and jump to feet, dodging broken glass as I pick up the frame.

When I flip it over I see it's a photo of me and my brother, Scott, back in beacon hills when we were only babies. It was our first day of school before mom and dad got divorced.

We look happy, posing in front of the schools sign. Big smiles and I'm even throwing up a leave sign.

I stare at the picture longer and need is growing in my stomach. A place I never wanted to see again in my life and I'm suddenly missing it? I feel like I should go there, I have to go there.

My phones rings in my pocket and I flinch, internally laughing at myself. I place the photo on the coffee table next to Monet before answering.

"Hey, Dad." I walk towards the window and rest against the wood of the frame.

"Have you got a minute I need to talk to you?" His stern, plain voice answers and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"What have I done now." I stare up at the full moon in the sky, the big white orb shining down at me and I'm feeling controlled.

Ollie. Ollie. Ollie.

"Your mothers missing."

My posture straightens and my lungs freeze. "What?" My voice feels small.

"The case I'm working on ritual sacrifices, I think your mothers been taken. I'm sending an Agent to come get you, I'm gonna need to stay here longer and i don't want you to be alone for too long."

"So now Mom's missing you're gonna start acting like a parent?" I ball my fist at my sides and i can feel Monet's eyes burning into my back.

"Enough with the attitude, get your stuff ready, Iv got enough to deal with nevermind your teenaage hormones." The line goes dead and i'm resisiting the urge to crush my phone between my hands.

"Parker?" Monet calmly speaks my name as i turn back around to her. "What happend?"

"I'm going to Beacon Hills"