1

I take a deep breath before I step into the house, my dad budges past me with my bags, placing them down in the living room.

"Melissa!!" He calls upstairs, nerves build in my chest and I'm awkwardly pulling at the sleeve of my thrasher jumper.

There's a loud sigh and then foot-thumps down the steps. "What is it." She appears around the corner with her back to me, her long brown curly hair looking just how I remembered it.

"Mom," My voice breaks and I clear it. She turns to me with shock, covering her mouth with a gasp.

She slowly walks to me, studying me for a moment. I smile, about to open my mouth to speak but she grabs me into a giant bear hug.

"I missed you so much," She's suffocating me into her shoulder.

"I missed you too, mom." I pat her back and she finally releases me. I take a tiny step back to reclaim my personal space, I can see her confused by this action.

"Parker's not big on hugs," My father says from behind her, "or any physical contact for that matter-"

"Mom, me and Issac are heading to school!"

Melissa steps to the side and I see him frozen to the spot staring at me, his crocked jawline and somehow now muscled arms.

"Parker?" He tilts his head to the side.

"Surprise," I try to get my best smile but it just comes out as an awkward teeth grit thing.

"What are you doing here?" He looks between our parents and back to me.

"Nice to see you too, twinny." I give him this finger gun thing and internally scream on how stupid that sounded. "Um, after everything with those ritual sacrifices, and mom nearly being one, Dad wanted to stay in town longer and dragged me along."

"You're staying in town longer?!" Scott looks at our dad like he's just broken his Lego figure.

I can tell it's about to go down hill so I grab my bag from the ground, "I'm gonna go put my stuff in my room," I freeze in my spot, turning to my mom "Do I have a room?"

"Yeah of course," She nods and points down the hall where my room is.

I begin to walk down the hall when I feel like I'm just walked into a brick wall and stumble back. When I look up it turns out the wall is actually a boy.

"Sorry," I mumble and try and walk around him but he steps in my way.

"Who are you?" He leans in close and I swear he's trying to sniff me.

"Um, I'm Parker." I take a step back. "Scott's twin sister, and you are?"

"Issac, a friend of Scott," He eyes me up and down with those big blue eyes and confident one sided smile.

"Cool cool cool," I nod and try to squeeze past him. "Later, I guess."

He turns away from me and I make my escape to my room. When I open the door I'm brought back, the one direction posters and fluffy white bedsheets, along with the box of monster high dolls that I used to be obsessed with.

"Lord, kill me." I mumble to myself.

***

I'm sprinting down the empty corridor, my bag falls off my shoulder and I scatter to pick it up. I steal a glance at my watch and see I'm already twenty minutes late.

The map I was given yesterday threw the mail says my classroom should be in this hall, I spot it and make a beeline for it.

I don't notice the crack in the floor and the toe of my boot catches it, sending me face first into the ground.