[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧]

Chapter 47: Acceptance

'This chapter is inspired by episode 9 of Wandavision'

Mark's fingers tightened over Donghyuck's shoulders, his mouth was open agape, and his vision was fading. Donghyuck gasps as the tip of the sharp spear behind him emerge from his chest.

Mark smiles one more time before collapsing to the ground, supported by Donghyuck, who laid down on the tanned man's arms and stroked his cheek with his free hand. "You're so...beautiful," Mark comments.

"No...no, Mark!" Donghyuck cries, breaking the spear in half and gently taking out the spear from Mark's chest. "You can't die...that can't-"

"Ssh, sunshine...it's fine" Mark interrupted, "at least..I died saving you..."

"No..." Donghyuck wiped off the tears that was coming out of Mark, he then gently slapped his cheeks, saying, "you'll be fine, I can heal you-"

"No Donghyuck" Mark chuckled for the last time, "I can save you...while you can save the world"

As Donghyuck sensed Mark slipping away, his cries grew louder and louder. He gripped the older male tightly after he had closed his eyes and rested in peace.

"Oh Donghyuck...if only you could feel what I feel" Koeun laughed, not yet realizing that she also killed her so-called husband.

Taeyong limped towards Jaehyun and was too late to give his goodbyes, the general of faun died with his eyes opened, staring directly at Donghyuck and Mark.

Taeyong wrapped him in a hug, closing his eyes with his hand. Taeyong's muffled voice whispered as he placed his face in Jaehyun's crook, "You...shouldn't have done that you jerk..." he wept, "You shouldn't have died!!"

"-oh the power pouring into my-" Koeun was taken aback by Donghyuck's dazzling radiance, but she narrowed her eyes to get a better look at him. He was seated on the ground with...Mark, and he was there...dead.

No, this can't be.

Mark didn't die...right?

Did she kill him?

It's not her fault.

It was the spear.

Yes, it was the spear.

Not her, at all.

She blames it on the spear.

And donghyuck.

She was lost in her dreadful thoughts, regrets, and anguish. She was too preoccupied with herself to see what was going to happen to her.

Donghyuck took a few breaths in and out, trying to catch his breath after his cries. He examines Mark, then the three ascendants, Jaehyun, and finally...his brother.

It was the same as when his father died the previous time. It was the same feeling he had with all of his other reactions. It nearly appears as if he could blow at any moment, letting his powers to rage out of control once more, allowing his powers to do the work while he sits back and watches.

But not this time.

Donghyuck let out a piercing scream as he released his raw power from his chest, bursting into an overflowing torrent of celestial magic that swept across the area, vibrations forcing everyone back and rearranging thousands of objects within his reach. As he remembers him and Mark, the memories of them start to come flooding back to him.