Chapter-35

Inline comments are love.❤

Happy Reading!

Nandini's POV:

"What happened?" He asked, noticing my expression.

"The phone is ringing constantly and you're saying it isn't important," I said, pointing at the phone, keenly noticing his expressions.

He remained silent. I can clearly see he's trying to avoid making eye contact with me.

"Are you hiding something from me?" I asked and he instantly shook his head.

"Really, it isn't important." He said, looking here and there. I rolled my eyes, nodding my head in disbelief.

Is he really thinking I'll buy his lie? He really sucks in lying, he should know this.

"Still I want to know who is the person calling you constantly. Like you want to know everything about me, in the same way, I want to know everything about you, Manik." I insisted.

He sighed deeply and finally spit out, "he is the Music producer." I stared at him in confusion, waiting for him to speak further but he didn't speak anything.

Exhaling a deep breath, I moved out of his lap, settled down beside him and clasped his face in my palm, he looked straight into my eyes.

What happened to him? I can clearly see something is bothering him a lot.

"Manik, you can share," I whispered lovingly, caressing his face.

He smiled and lay down on the couch, keeping his head on my lap.

"The music producer wants me to sign a contract with him. He wants me to sing for his album." He told me, playing with the fingers of my hand like a baby.

"That's so great. What's the problem in this?" I smiled looking at him.

"If I focus on music, Dad won't able to handle business alone. I don't want to burden him. Therefore I'm dodging the producer." He explained to me and I just stared at him in utter disbelief.

My God! How can anybody be so selfless? For his father, he is ready to sacrifice his talent, his passion.

But I won't let him do this anymore because we should always follow what we're passionate about.

"Manik, you should sign the contract with him," I said.

"I won't able to manage," I shushed him, placing my finger over his lips.

"Let me complete first." He gave me a slight nod and I continued, "Manik, you know you have magic in your voice, don't let this talent go wasted. Your Dad will be happiest after knowing if you accept this proposal. And I can assure you that you can manage everything. You know everything seems so right when we follow our passion, we become unstoppable, stronger and confident." I explained to him, caressing his hair with one hand and my other hand is entwined with his hand.

He is just staring at me unblinkingly.

"I'm not forcing you, I'm just advising you," I said when I saw him not saying anything.

"You trust me that I'll manage, Right?" He asked in a daze making me smile.

"More than myself," I replied with pure honesty, gazing into his eyes affectionately.

He smiled and murmured 'thank you' after placing the soft kiss on my knuckles.

"And I'll think about it." He said, I smiled at him.