CLUMSY CUPID (JAYB)

People seemed to forget that cupids still existed in this world. Though they were in different form than it used to be. People only knew Cupid as the son of Aphrodites, goddess of love, but the world is evolving, so they had to evolve as well. Hence, Cupid corporation. There were people recruited for this job. Trained so they could execute their mission perfectly so people didn't notice that they were targetted by cupids. They would think that they fell in love voluntarily, well in fact, it was a cupid's work. New cupids trainees were supposed to take a few weeks of training then at the end of their training, they were required to pass the test before they could go on mission on their own. If they failed, they had to undergo the training again. Usually, most trainess passed the test in one attempt, however, there was this one trainee that failed to pass twice already. You sighed when you saw the paper as it indicated that today was the last training day for that failing cupid. As his instructor, you were required to make sure that he was ready for the test tomorrow. You'd be by his side as his mentor during the test as well. You went inside the training room and started the drill as usual. You started to wonder, how come this one trainee kept failing when he seemed to do well in training session.

"Okay, so you have to approach the target smoothly, making him or her to think that you're his/her friend," you started your speech and the trainee nodded. He must've been remembered that by now. He's been in the same training for the third time already. "Then once you managed to make them face each other, then you had to launch the arrow passed both of them without them noticing." He nodded again.

You sighed, "Tell me, how come you failed twice?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. The first time, I failed to make sure that they were both facing each other, so the girl looked at other person when I launched the arrow, so it was a disaster as the other person that she saw was already married. The second one, well... The arrow went astray, piercing through a little kid."

You wanted to pull your hair. You remembered both cases well. When a test failed miserably like him, other cupid officers were called to undo or to fix the situation. You remembered it was a mayhem when both cases happened as it was around Valentine's day so there was a shortage of personel at that time. Luckily both cases were solved quietly. Determined to make him pass this time, you put another officer on standby, Jackson. Though he wasn't an officer officially since they put the graduation ceremony on hold, but he had passed his test, so you could count on him. After all, he was one of your best trainees.

The next morning, you received the mission, sealed in an envelope before handing it to Jaebeom, the failing trainees. "Make sure to get it right this time. This is the third one already. You might want to reconsider your career option if you failed again this time," you warned him and he nodded. He received the mission and opened it before reading it carefully. He gathered his supply and headed to the real world. He was posed as a high school student this time. Being the best friend of the male target made it easier for him to approach the male target. That wasn't the case with the female one though. It seemed the girl was quite hard-headed, but he managed to persuade her to meet the male target on the school roof. With Jackson in two, you hid behind the some junk trashed on the roof. You watched carefully at how the situations unrolled. Both targets were facing each other right now, so it would be the right moment for Jaebeom to launch the arrow. You saw him struggling a bit with the bow and arrow but at last he managed to pull the string of the bow. However, you were late to notice that the direction was a bit off. Before you managed to warn him, the arrow was launched and it pierced through.... you? You saw Jaebeom's face with the same horror as the one on your face and he rushed toward you immediately, and being a clumsy person that he is, he stumbled over his own feet and knocked you down and you looked in horror when you saw the arrow pierced through him as well and both of you looked at each other briefly. You knew you only had a few minutes before the effect started to cloud your mind.