13 ~ Just you and I

*Hussain's perspective*

Someone shook me gently, waking me up from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Anber smiling at me.

"Wake up." She whispered softly.

"Hmm." I reply while rubbing my eyes. I sit up straight and open my eyes wide trying to awaken myself fully. That's when I catch hold of my surroundings, especially Anber.

Her wet hair caught my attention, as always. She wore a light pink shalwaar kameez. I look up at her smiling face. She looked so beautiful.

"Jaldi ready ho kar neeche aaiye, breakfast is almost ready." She says and turns to leave. I don't know what urged me to take my next step but I did.

"Anber." I grab her wrist.

"Ouch!" She lets out a painful low scream. My eyes immediately fall on her wrist and I realize I held her wrist right where her mark was.

"Im sorry. I forgot." I quickly let go of her wrist.

"That's fine." She smiles at me but she fails to hide the pain visible in her eyes. I try to return the gesture but regret pulled my smile back.

"Get ready fast." She speaks softly and with that she left the room. I mentally face palm myself.

I push the duvet away and head in the bathroom and slide under the cool water. I take a quick shower and head out with the towel wrapped around my waist. I rummage through my cupboard and pick out a dark teal colored shirt with a light brown pant. I stare at the color combination and shake my head, approving my choice.

A knock on the door stopped me in my tracks. The door slid open and Anber appeared in front of me. Her eyes suddenly widened looking at me and I could tell her breath hitched in her throat. Her eyes roamed my face and my wet, bare chest.

"Checking me out?" I smirk, pulling her back to reality.

"Kya? Umm no." He looked flushed. I mentally chuckle at her expression.

"Begum, itna sharmane ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. You are checking your husband out. Usmein kaunsa gunah hai?" I say casually, emphasizing 'husband'. A hint of pink blush was present on her cheeks. She kept her gaze down shyly, I knew she was reluctant to show my her shyness.

"Khana ready hai." She says shyly and rushes out of the room. I chuckle at her cuteness and change into my clothes.

I dry my hair but keep it a little wet, just like Anber. I double check myself in the mirror and sigh. I mentally praise myself and head downstairs to have breakfast.

*Anber's perspective*

After setting the table ready for breakfast, I head upstairs to check on Hussain as he still wasn't downstairs yet. I open the door to our room ans step in. Hussain comes in sight and my eyes widen as my breath gets hitched in my throat.

I absentmindedly observe Hussain. His firm, wet, bare chest, his wet hair, his face. He looked so handsome. I knew he was looking at me but I was in such a trance to come back to my senses.

"Checking me out." He smirks, pulling me out of thoughts. I realize what I was doing which caused me to look down. Heat started to emit from my cheeks. I figured out my cheeks turned pink. A small smile was present on my lips.

"Khana ready hai." I speak and with that I rush out of the room. I reach downstairs and try to calm myself down.

"Oye Anber. Kya hua?" Afifa questions me bringing me back to reality

"K--kuch bhi to n..nahi." I stutter nervously

"Kuch to hua hai. Your face shows it all yaar. Tumhare bright pink cheeks..." She says and I immediately look up at her who was smirking, fascinated by my flushed look. Is it that clear?