Chapter 16

Previously on 'My Stupid Phone'

He chuckled and nodded "I was so worried Cassandra. Jesus you sure are a difficult woman to deal with."

"Yeah I'm sorry about that I can be a A-class bitch sometimes. I'll try to open up a little more. I mean all this idea of having someone that is forced to love me is new." I took a deep breath and finished saying "I'll try."

He smiled and nodded so I took a deep breath. I seem to be doing that a lot, theses days and started "It all started when Li offered to give me a ride home and I accepted..."

They say the scariest thing ever is seeing someone rage. But to me that statement is simply wrong. When I finished telling Matthew what happened he was calm. Silenced. If I had not been watching closely he would have seemed just fine. The problem was that I was watching, I was expecting a reaction but not what I got.

His eyes were slipping away changing from green to red and back to green and then red again. But this time the red stayed. His fangs were out and he was tense. As stiff as a door. He was looking ahead not acknowledging me or anybody else for the matter. "Matt?" Was the first thing I asked I know stupid but I couldn't say anything more I was so shocked. I had never seen Matt like that. So emotionless. So empty. So not himself.

He closed his eyes and stayed like that for a bit. Then they just snapped open but with a new emotion. A emotion that was not good. It was rage. Anger. 

I was looking at him one minute and then he just snapped got up and was gone, with the of the light, like a snap of fingers. Puff. So much for a mate.I looked ahead thinking about all my problem and everything that was going on, when I heard a scream. Not just a scream. Matt's scream. Not of pain but of anger and exasperation. I ran downstairs so see him knelled on the floor with my mom in front of him looking fierce as ever, looking reckless.

"What the hell are you doing?" Seeing him like this broke me, so angry so frustrated. I had to help him.

"Scuto scutum deveniam tueri se tueri eum in dolore a scuto scutum deveniam in unum tueri in dolore—-" (Shield shield come around protect the one in pain from itself protect him shield shield come around protect the one in pain—-)

I fell to the ground while I tried to protect Matt from my mother, I didn't even knew if I could call her that in that moment she... well she didn't look liker herself.

"Pathetic! Really Cassie do you really think that you could use that on me? The spells you are learning now I have learned years ago!" She laughed humorously 

A new sense of anger came above myself as she spoke those word. "You bitch how dare you hurt my mate! ugh? My mate!" I tried to the spell again focusing a bit more in it. "Scuto scutum deveniam tueri se tueri eum in dolore a scuto scutum deveniam in unum tueri in dolore—-"  She interrupted me yet again and I heard Matthew cry out as she pulled more energy into the spell.

"Ignis on igne veniet, et virtutem ignis in eam sententiam in eam setentiam, et idnis ignem faceret potentiam et virtutem ignis in eam sententiam in eam sententiam, et potentia ignis ignis" (Fire come fire come cover her view and power fire come fire come cover her view and power fire come fire come cover her view and power fire come fire come cover her view and power)I started muttering the spell on my head letting it come out as a small whispering, I started to feel power rush in my body so fast that I felt my blood pulsing in my ears, I started to say the spell louder and louder my veins burning with the sense of power I was feeling. I closed my eyes letting my hole body absorb my own power. The wind was knocked out of me as I spoke out again with the spell still in the back of my mind repeating itself like a mantra. "Don't ever do this again you hear me?! That is my mate that you were trying to hurt, the future king of vampires and the mate of the most powerful witch alive!"