CHAPTER 8

[ Evelyn ]

At first, I was a little scared. My job was on the line, my whole career could be ruined. But my mind last night made up my mind; I'm going to fuck Harry so hard. 

"Evie-"

"Don't call me that."

"Harry calls you that."

"Harry's been by my side."

"Are you okay?" 

"Evelyn, I know you. I didn't think you could make it."

"I guess." I look down at the mug of coffee, my sweater covered hands holding it. "No you're not, you haven't touched your coffee." 

"Why not?"

"You were never the prettiest girl."

"Fine," I take a sip, "Happy?" 

"Excuse me?"

"You weren't skinny."

"What did your mum say last night?" 

"Nothing," I roll my eyes. 

"I've known you long enough, come on,"

"She called me fat." I look down at my coffee, the once hot coffee was now cold. The morning rush hour was slowly coming to a stop. Tina and I being two out of the five costumers left in this place. 

"Ok, it's time to beat a bitch up." That earned some glares from the three elderly women sitting across the restaurant. 

"Could you be any louder?" I hiss, looking from the grandmothers to my best friend.

"Sorry grumpy pants, didn't realize this was a pity party." Tina shakes her head and grabbed my half eaten muffin. It was very dry, and the blueberries were extremely sour. It was clear the coffee shop put more effort on the design and feel of the place than the food. 

"It's whatever." I roll my eyes, "And it doesn't matter, Harry and I are planning something." I could feel the small smile forming at speaking his name. When I thought back to last night I could still feel his hands, his big hands that ran over my body in such a passionate way.

"Did y'all fuck?"

The grandmother in the lavender shirt gasped.

"No...." My face was red, I could feel it. My eyes move down to my hands, they were more interesting to look at then Tina's mischievous smirk. 

"Y'all totally did!" Tina gasped, clapping excitedly. 

"No!" I deny quickly. "Please keep your voice down, you're going to give one of those ladies a heart attack." I take a quick glance towards the poor elderly women across the restaurant. 

"Ah, so sorry." Tina bowed her head, her voice was full of sarcasm, clearly she was not sorry. "Did y'all have a nice shag? Care for a cup of tea, madam?" Tina put on a horrible British accent.

For future reference, Tina is Australian. 

Once again the elderly women gasped and Tina obnoxious laughter followed. "I'm sorry, I had too." She started to howl in laughter. I shook my head. 

"Be quiet, literally anyone can see us!" 

"We are literally right next to a window, if anyone cared we would've been found already." 

She was right. We were seated in the booth closest to the window, the sunlight bathing in warming up my body. The cold bitter shop was not agreeing with my cotton candy pink dress and brown sandals. For once it was warm in London and everywhere else was freezing. 

"When is Harry coming to pick you up?" Tina asked, finishing the last of my muffin with a single bite. 

This morning Harry and I decided to go separate ways, he could take my car and explore while I would visit Tina. Both of us agreed to meet here at 12:30 for I could quickly introduce my two best friends to each other. 

"12:30, so in..." I look at the large wooden clock on the wall that has not moved an inch since I got in. "No idea but soon." I shrug looking out the window. 

"Or now." Tina pointed behind me towards the door. I turn to look over my shoulder. Harry was waving at a couple of girls, who walked away in a fit of giggles and whispers. 

"Ah, he is revealing our location to teenage girls. Abort mission! Abort mission!" 

"Shut up!" I swat Tina in a teasing manor. She chuckled and closed her lips with a huff. 

The door dinged to announce Harry's presence. With a grin his eyes landed on mine. "Hey!" He waved. The shop was small enough that any conversation could be heard. I wave and stand. "Hi," He strolls over to our booth. "Was the window seat the best option?" He chuckled examining our booth. 

"It's cold." I chuckle. My cheeks were heating up for a very well known reason. Every time my eyes landed on his looming figure I thought to last night. A night I don't think I could ever forget. "Here," He wraps his jacket covered arm around my waist and tugged me to in front of his body. I lean against his warm body. 

"Ah, you must be Tina. I'm Harry." Harry uses the arm that wasn't wrapped around me to outstretch. "The one and only," Tina shakes his hand and with a large smile he gives a nod. 

"I best be getting back to work, you lovebirds enjoy our complimentary bland coffee and sour muffins." Tina dipped her head as if there was a cowboy hat on top and we made a deal. 

Harry slides into the booth where Tina was just seated. "She seems nice." He comments taking my mug of coffee into his hands. 

"Yeah, she is. Love her." I chuckle and slide into where I was just seated. 

And so the silence began. Both of us didn't know how to phrase what went down last night. With shared awkward glances and hesitant movements the silence loomed for a while. Long enough for the elderly women to pack up and leave, to which Tina said a thank God when they exited the shop completely. 

"Can... Can we talk about last night?" I finally muster the courage to say. Harry looks at me with his beautiful emerald orbs and in a breathless tone he replies, "Of course." 

Note:

Yeah, its short and maybe a little crappy. Please no hate! I hope you enjoyed!

It's been awhile, and after this update we may have to wait a while again. I'm going through a lot of shit right now. My mom has threatened to send my sister to boarding school because her sexuality and lack of social life. I am dealing with an eating disorder. I am currently fighting with a friend because she treats me like absolute trash. 

I love you all! <3