~*Chapter 2*~

Jesus writing this is tiring- I'm wasting so much time on this y'all better be grateful 🗿
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniela's POV

The sunlight escaping the gap in my curtain woke me up. A sweet smell was coming from downstairs, Abuela must've made breakfast. I make my way downstairs to see Paula, Carlos and Mama in there.

I sit down and Abuela gives me a plate with 2 churros. I start eating one when Carlos opens his mouth, "Dani, you know I love a fiesta. Thank you." He says. I've got an idea.

"Hey I heard that Mirabel has a cousin who's a lot like you. I'm planning to go early to help set up so maybe you can come and help a bit? I mean I did just get the whole family invited to a fiesta..." I say with a smile.

"I- uh.. I mean I could use a new friend that lives here..." he tells me. Perfect! That means we can finish earlier so I can get home and change into a dress. I normally only wear my main dress or leggings, so I'm excited to wear a different dress for this occasion.

I finish breakfast, thank Abuela and go upstairs. I'm so glad this fiesta is today, on a Saturday instead of Sunday because I can stay up a lot later. Not that I care. It's just fun to stay at a party for longer. Ugh that reminds me, after Sunday we have school. A new school....

~~~~

After a while of unpacking, I make my way downstairs.

"Abuela I'm going to go buy something for Mirabel!" I think if she knows where I am it's one less worry for her. She's sweet anyway.

"Okay, try to get back by 5:30 after you help decorate!" She yells from the kitchen. Always in the kitchen.

"Hey, I think you're forgetting someone." Carlos says behind me. It's like he appears out of nowhere. It's weird..

"Oh right. I'm going to buy something for Mirabel before we go to help decorate. Come or wait, I don't mind."

"I'll just meet you there. At 1pm." It's 12:30, half an hour should be more than enough time for this.

"Alright, bye Carlos!" I say, leaving the house.

~~~~

I've been looking for a while, and I've found nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's 12:45. 15 minutes left.

I look around on each stands, it's very difficult to find something she will like considering I barely know her. Maybe a simple necklace will be alright. It doesn't need to be specific to her.

I look around at the necklace stands. A lock and key necklace, a yin yang necklace, a- oooh. This is perfect. Mirabel is always cheerful and happy. That's the kind of thing butterflies always seem. I grab the necklace and walk to the cashier.

"That will be £13.99!" Luckily it wasn't too expensive, otherwise I would've had to put it back. I pay the cashier, put the necklace in the box and make my way up to Mirabel's house

~~~~

I arrive at the house and see Carlos waiting. 12:59. Just in time I guess. The house was very interesting, it had flowers on one side, it was full of colours... and this was just the outside. The inside is going to be so much better.