~*chapter 5*~

Fire 🔥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniela's POV

There he is. My 'oh so great' father, looking like he's going to do a murder. This is going to be a fun lecture...

I glance to my side and see Paula, Lucas and Mama looking worried. Still getting dragged, I look to my other side and see a young woman wearing a red headband with a bow, her hair up in a bun and her dress having sound-wave patterns. I think she's Camilo sister. Her eyes are wide as she stares at my family in anxiety.

My attention quickly got caught by my dad talking in a stern voice.

"You can't have un novio (a boyfriend)!" He says, as everyone's attention in the room turned to us.

"Papa, no es mi novio (dad, he isn't my boyfriend.) He isn't even my friend! He's just a Madrigal who really helped me out today. He asked to dance and I thought 'Why not?'." I tell him. He looked a bit more calm but still angry.

"I don't care. You aren't allowed!" He yells. Carlos nods his head, also looking pretty mad. What's his problem?

"Porque?! (Why?!) You let Carlos have a girlfriend when he was 14! I know the whole.." I pause to look around the room, seeing all the people. I put my hands around my mouth so that only my dad can see. I mouth 'fire' before continuing "thing is a problem, but I'm learning to control it! And maybe Alma can help me." I explain. He looks a bit hesitant at first.

".... FINE. But for the record I have to approve of him and also, the whole Alma idea is a really good point, mija." He says. I guess he agrees.

"Did someone say my name?" Alma asks, walking towards us. I look over and see Abuela looking kind of nervous but very happy at the same time.

"Alma! This is my familia!" Abuela says, walking over to her. Alma smiles at us, looking very happy. Just as she was about to introduce herself, abuela starts whispering in Alma's ear as she nods along before returning her attention on us. The woman with the red headband with the bow looks at my family, her eyes even wider than before.

"Daniela, if you wouldn't mind could you please come here tomorrow morning at 10am? I'm going to help you." She says, smiling. She then introduces herself and tells us a brief summary on how they received the miracle that gives them gifts. She didn't tell us who has what gifts though...

~~~~
Time skip brought to you by my bad sleep schedule- the next morning.
~~~~

Ugh, Sunday. Monday is tomorrow, and I have school tomorrow. Ugh, school.

I get up and go downstairs, greet my parents and a few of my siblings, blah blah blah.

Once thing I've noticed is that Carlos is acting weird. What's wrong with him?

"Are you excited to visit the madrigals once again?" Abuela asks, smiling happily. Based on yesterday, I think her and Alma are friends, probably.

"Well I want to see what is going to happen, that's for sure." I reply, looking around the room.
"Who's going?" I ask.

"You, me and the twins. That's why I've made your meriendas!" She smiles once again, serving breakfast.

(Idk bout Columbia, but in Spain we have two meriendas [snacks] during the day. They tend to be between breakfast and lunch, then after lunch [and lunch is at 2pm] before dinner which is normally very late. That's why, because of the time differences people tend to get hungry so we have meriendas. At least at my house we did 🤷‍♀️. The more you know 🙃)

Thank goodness that my dad isn't going. He would probably kill Camilo when he sees him. Not that I really care though, Camilo is just an... acquaintance.

After eating breakfast, I go upstairs and put on a light blue blouse paired with a skirt that goes from sky blue to a darker blue.

Alright, time to go I guess. I wonder what is going to happen.. I hope it's not a disaster.

~~~~

As we are walking up to the Madrigal's house, Abuela is telling me and the twins about this village when she was my age.

"Abuela, are you friends with Alma?" I ask her, curious of her connections with the people of this town.

"Oh yes, we were and still are very good friends. We knew each other from when we were very young, over 50 years ago." She starts to say, a huge smile on her face.

"Really! That's so interesting!" I say before realising that we arrived at the Madrigal's house.

"I'll tell you at home, we should focus on this more." She says as Hugo walks over to the door joyfully, meanwhile Adriana does a full lap around the perimeter of the house.

Abuela and I walk up to the door and I open it, to be greeted with Alma looking very happy.

"Buenos días, señora Alma." I say, smiling awkwardly. I need to trust her, she might be the only one who can help with my abilities.

She leads us in so we walk inside, once again seeing the beautiful house in all its glory. As we keep waking I once again saw the woman with the red headband looking annoyed. Next to her is... Alma..?

"Camilo, stop pretending that you are other people and attending their events!" The young woman says, looking even more annoyed.

The Alma who was next to us suddenly turned back into the boy with the yellow ruana. It's going to be hard not to turn him into ashes..

"But Dolores, you know I love to!" He says. I guess her name is Dolores. Nice name.

"We should probably go to a different room and start." The real Alma says, leading us into a separate room.

"So, Daniela. Tell us the story. Why are you here, in Encanto?" Alma asks, sitting down on a chair.

"Well as you know that's my Abuela, and we moved into her house because we got kicked out of our old town. Don't worry, we aren't murderers or anything!" I say, chuckling nervously.

"Right... well, why did you get kicked out?" She asks me. I shouldn't lie.

"Well you see.... I kind of have this.. ability, where I can manipulate water and fire...?" I say, trying to give her a smile of reassurance.

"Please show me." She said, looking a little worried but still having that big smile.

~~~~
Camilo's POV

Abuela leads the part of the Posada family that joined us to the middle of the casita. I follow them, I want to know what is happening.

Daniela stands in the middle and takes a deep breath.
"Wait, the twins!" She says worriedly. Abuela calls Dolores over, telling her to hold the twins close to her. As soon as that is done, Dani takes another deep breath.

Her eyes started glowing, almost like Bruno's but it was orange. Her face was straight as she focused on her control. Flames started to appear mid-air, forming wherever she pointed. Quickly realising what she had done, her eyes turn blue as water stopped the fire.  I guess she is magic...

"Alright. I've got a lot of things to do today, but at some point we will find a day for us to figure this out. In the meantime, try not to let your emotions get the better of you." Abuela says before Daniela and her family leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed🦋
Please comment yall 😭
Byeee <333