Part 5: Apologies

-

Law POV

-

It has been a few days I haven't seen Kid. I spent the first night searching through the jungle until sunset. Eventually, I gave up. I made him mad and he didn't want to see me. He's probably hiding somewhere, avoiding me. It's understandable after all. The best option is to leave him alone.

Those last days have been.. lonely. Even if he's annoying, Kid still kept me company. I tried my best to distract myself but it's useless. I should start finding a way to leave this island. A boat would be the best idea, since there's no way I could contact my crew here. I should start by finding materials, there might be some near the shore, since the waves might have brought cargo from ship wrecks.

I begin my walk to the shore and look around. This island is truly magnificent, animals and plants I've never seen before are living on it, far from the humans.

As I arrive to the shore, I hear a scream. Kid? Did he get attacked? There's more pain than fear in his voice, which is enough to make me panic.

KID?? WHERE ARE YOU? I scream while looking around the shore, where I heard his voice.

He doesn't directly replies to me but I can hear him cuss near. I run until I find him laying on the ground holding his left forearm, which is covered in blood.

What the hell happened? Let me see your arm, it doesn't look good at all.

I was trying to break a damn tree for something and for some fucking reason branches are really sharp. Can you believe it? I got hurt because of a FUCKING BRANCH.

I held back my laughter and proceeded to examine his wounds. A large cut near his elbow and several other bruises. This man doesn't get any chance when it comes to his arms. First he gets them injured by falling from the sky and now he cuts himself with a TREE? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Look, your body is not in a great state right now. Stop pushing yourself to work, let's just go back to my hut and I'll make sure you recover quickly.

Do you really think I'd accept staying with you after all of this? Dumbass.

Listen, I'm truly sorry and I've been worried about you in the past few days. Knowing you, you'll probably end up with am infected wound if I don't do shit to help you. We'll build a ship together when you'll recover. Sounds like a good deal?

Fine.

Well that's great. We walk to my shelter and I treat him with medicinal plants I've found yesterday. He seems calmer than usual, more like relaxed. We share a meal and I reinforce the walls of the hut while Kid lights up a campfire.

I'm going to take a shower at the waterfall alright? Don't mess around, I don't want your injuries to worsen.

Whatever.

Kid lays down on the grass and closes his eyes while I head to the river.

Mind if I join you? I haven't taken a bath since the last time we saw each other.

First of all you're disgusting and second sure, I don't want to sleep next to a pile of rotten meat.

So you're assuming I'll sleep next to you? He says while smirking. I blush and continue to walk, avoiding eye contact.

Shut up.

I take off my clothes except my pants because I wouldn't take the risk with that pervert next to me and slide into the water. The temperature is refreshing and perfect. Luckily it's not deep enough for me to drown due to my devil fruit abilities but it's just great so I can clean myself properly.

I look around me and notice Kid directly under the waterfall, scrubbing his ruby-like hair. I can't help myself but stare at his amazing body. The water dripping on his chest and abs makes him look so much hotter and attractive, I'm going insane.

For the past few days I've been lying to myself about what I feel for him but now I can't deny it; I like this guy. Before arriving here, I've always seen him as a rival, since all the opportunities we had to see each other were fights. I never took the time to study who he really  was and surprisingly he's the most impactful person I've met.

It's just so strange to admit it to myself, and I can't even imagine how much strength I would need to confess to him.

Hey Law, come here, I need help with the weird bandage you put on earlier, it's slipping off.

Mm, I told you to keep this arm out of the water.

I join him near the waterfall and attempt to fix his improvised bandage. Standing so close to him makes my cheeks turn slightly pink. I can feel his eyes intensely watching my movements.

I'm sorry for being a fucking bitch in the past few days, Law. I really needed your help but I kept convincing myself I was strong enough to handle everything.

That was.. sudden and unpredictable. I can tell by the look of his face that he's not kidding. I'm glad he's finally able to talk like a normal human being at least. I put my hands on his shoulders and smile.

Forget what happened alright? What I said was petty too. I'm just relieved you're alive.

To my surprise, Kid smiles back and hugs me. It feels like fireworks in my whole body and my brain can't process anything. His torso pressed against mine and his wet hair sticking to my face is such a turn on. I desperately try to hide the problem occurring under my belt, but Kid's body just keeps pressing harder against mine, not that I dislike that.

Kid breaks our hug and puts his right hand on my cheek. Is this really happening or have I been dreaming in my bed this whole time?

Your face looks like magma.

I blush even more at his remark and try to pulls away, I can't let that happen, I probably look so vulnerable right now. However, he grabs my jaw and pulls me into a kiss. God, my body is probably melting right now. My head is filled with lust and love for him, and he knows it damn well.

While he runs his hands all over my back and hips, his tongue attempts to penetrate my mouth. There's so many things happening at the same time I can't even respond to a single one.

Soon enough, I feel something hard rubbing against my own boner. This man knows how to make me see stars and he's using it perfectly. I run my hand through his red hair while using the other one to caress his chest.

What about we continue in the hut?