Chapter 13: an annoying visitor

N/a Sorry for the short chapter, I'm currently busy working on another Kidlaw fanfic! You can find on my profile, Red and Black Memories! Thank you!! <3
-
Kid POV
-

The war at Marine Ford had finished a week ago, and the outcome was pretty messy. The marine didn't manage to execute Ace, causing a lot of controversy in the newspaper. The Island was in ruins and it seems like most marine soldiers had either died or suffered major injuries.

When Ace was saved, Law insisted to bring Luffy with him, in his submarine. Ace, on his side, left with the whitebeard pirates. Now, I was stuck with Strawhat if I wanted to see Law.

I enter Law's submarine and land in the control room. Bepo is there, piloting the huge metal tin can we're in right now.

Captain is in the medical room, he's checking on Luffy.

Thanks.

I walk through the hallway, trying to find the door leading to the infirmary. It's not really hard, I can hear Luffy laughing and talking to Law. I push open the door and Luffy immediately jumps on me, wrapping his rubber legs around my shoulders.

Hey-HEY! What the hell!

You look funny, I saw you a while ago, tulip head!

Oh god, here we go again with the nicknames.

Strawhat-ya, I told you to quit moving like this while your injuries are healing.

The smaller boy jumps to the floor and back to the infirmary bed. He's looking rather happy.

Law is putting away a few medical instruments while looking at some papers. He suddenly turns to me and smile through his surgical mask.

Torao, I didn't know you were friends with Tulip head! Last time we saw each other was soooo long ago, on the island with giant bubbles!

Yes we are indeed friends.

I smile inside, glad he wasn't introducing me as his worse rival anymore. Anyways, people wouldn't believe it, since were always together.

Toraooo I want FOOOOD!!

What the hell is wrong with that boy?

Luffy stretches his rubber arms around Law and climbs on his back. Does this boy know anything about personal space? My head is screaming « too close » at a hundred decibels. I'm not jealous.. but I'd enjoy throwing this elastic guy into the sea.

We exit the infirmary and head to the kitchen, where one of Law's crew members probably cooked something. Law takes the boy off his back and sits him on a chair.

Luffy, stay here and Bepo will bring you food, alright? I need to check some things with Eustass-ya.

Luffy joyfully nods and look around the room for food.

What are you gonna check, Torao?

Don't you want to see your friends? We agreed we'd meet them at Sabaody.

Right!! I forgot about that. We better hurry up then, I want Sanji to make a HUGEEE FEAST!!

Eustass-ya, follow me.

We walk through the same hallway again, but this time, we arrive on the deck of the submarine, which wasn't submerged. I'm greeted by the sun and a slightly cold breeze.

Aren't we supposed to check the log pose for Sabaody like you said ?

Do I look like a navigator to you?

Then why are we here, doctor?

Law wraps his arms around my neck and presses his lips against mine. I grab him by the waist and press his body against the fence circling the deck.

With Luffy on board, it's going to be very hard to have moments like this, Eustass-ya.

I bury my face in his hair and tighten my hug.

How come? Just give him food and we're good. Isn't he super dumb anyways?

Well, that « super dumb person » can finish a week worth of food within five minutes.

As I'm about to kiss him again, the submarine's trap door opens, revealing Luffy.

Here you are! I was looking for both of you!

Law quickly pushes me away and I realize what he meant.

What's wrong, Luffy?

I want more food.

I can't give you more, I have other people to feed and you just ate 3 portions in barely two minutes.

You're so unfair, Torao!

Luffy heads back downstairs with a pouting face, followed by Law. Well, this journey doesn't seem really fun.